Chapter 7

After their little meeting in the woods, Adora noticed a few stray tears on Catra's tan cheek.

"Hey, Babe are you okay?'

Catra jolted upright. "Yeah. Would you mind if I stayed at your place tonight?"

"I don't see why not, why tonight?'

Catra opened her mouth to speak and shook her head. "I just don't feel safe at home, can we go?"

Adora held Catra's hand. "Don't worry, nothing bad can happen as long as we have each other."

Catra leaned closer. The girls kept walking. A crowd of anti-Horde protesters nearly separated them, but they continued to hold each close.

"Hey!" A protester yelled, a bandana over his left eye. "You disgusting brat! He tugged at hair by Catra's ear, where her undercut was growing out. you'll pay for what you've done!"

"Hey!" Adora yelped. "Leave her alone!"

The man let go of Catra. "You and your family think you're so high and mighty, let's see how your brother handles the arena."

Adora dashed away from him, Catra was still a little dazed.

"Are you okay? He had no right to say-

It's fine, I hear it all the time back home."

Adora shook her head. "But, why?"

Catra shrugged. "That's the house. I say we go in through the window."

Adora smirked. "That's my girl."

The girls kicked at a panel of the fence until it fell and walked into the yard. Adora grabbed Catra by the waist and hoisted her over to the window. She let Catra grab her wrist and pull her up. once they were both in the room, Adora let her hair down.

The bobby pins holding her bangs up fell, leaving her left eye visionless through her blonde locks. Catra had already taken a shirt from Adora's closet.

Catra twirled her finger around Adora's bangs, turning her bright red.

"Damn, you blush so easy."

Adora hit her with a pillow. "Oh, shut up."

Catra heard the front door unlock.

"Adora!" Adam called.

"Shit," Adora whispered. "You have to hide." 

Catra scrambled around the room, ultimately cramming into the closet. Hangers and picture frames crashed as they hit the floor. Catra held a peace sign from her uncomfortable position, causing Adora to giggle.

"Adora, are you okay? I'm coming up."

"No!" Adora slammed the closet door closed. "I mean, I'm changing, don't come in." She panicked.

" You're not practicing your punches without me, are you?"

"Umm, no?"

"Okay." Adam laughed.

Adora waited until Adam was downstairs again, and eased Catra out of the closet.

"Practicing punches? He must be obsessed with this final battle, huh?" Catra teased

"Yep. It's all he's wanted to do since he was our age."

Catra went quiet before rushing into the kitchen, Adora chasing her. Adam sat at the dining room table.

"There you are, Adora." He smiled, looked down, then looked up again. "Catra, when did you get here?"

The girls laughed before joining him at the table.