first village and monsters already

aka Red kinda learns how to be a proper isekai protagonist

Huh, this doesn't seem so bad at all... I traversed through a peaceful area alongside the road, taking in my surroundings. The hills were covered in a nice yellow from the flowers, and I felt a little sea breeze come along too.

Nathan was quiet the whole time we were walking. I guess he's just giving the silent treatment or something, but did I care? Nah.

Actually, scratch that. I did care. It was getting too boring now, and throwing shade back and forth with him was, I admit, entertaining.

"Hey, Nathan." I called out to him. He just gave me a side glare and continued ignoring me. How dare he???

"Nathan. I'm bored."

"Do I look like I care?"

"You're my servant. Entertain me."

"What am I, a clown?"

"If you keep acting that way, I might just call you the entire circus."

He sighed defeatedly. "Is this already my punishment for living in this godforsaken universe?"

"Rude." I slapped him on the shoulder. "We're friends now, aight? No need to be so cynical."

"I don't remember us being friends. I still hate you for what you've done to me." He told me in a very rude, and very threatening tone. "I'm never going to forgive you for that, as long as I live."

And because I was a normal human being, I replied with what anyone would.

"Ok boomer."

"NOW YOU'RE JUST BEING RANDOM!!"

-------------

We stumbled across a small town next to some beach right beside it. It was fairly simple looking, and reminded me of a setting in an RPG.

Honestly, this whole ordeal of mine is really starting to look like an RPG. What's next, me taking on NPC sidequests?

Speak of the devil, and they shall appear.

This old guy walked over to me and Nathan with a stern look on his face. I was lucky to be able to tell through all that wrinkles underneath.

"Now who are you two supposed to be?"

"I'm Red, this is my friend Nathan." I gestured to Nathan, who just growled a little when I did. "We're just travelling together for some reasons. Nothing special."

The old man looked at me sagely. "Travelers, eh? Haven't seen one with a Wolf before." He lifted his stick and began to poke at Nathan's leg.

"Keep doing that old man, and I'll turn you into ground beef."

"I'm not afraid of you, sonny. I've encountered your kind a lot in my years in this world. Your silly threats are nothing to me." The old man just continued to poke at his leg.

I was pokerfaced, but inside I was laughing like hell.

"People with Wolves are something quite rare these days. They used to be a common occurrence, but because of some sinister doings 50 years ago, they've decreased in a shocking number."

Now my interest has peaked.

"Why's that, old guy?" I asked, and just like what would Granny always do, the old man hit me on the head with his stick.

"Don't call me old guy! My name is Wilson, thank you very much!"

"Geez, sorry." I rubbed my head and Nathan just snickered behind my back.