everybody gangsta till I start vibing

please don't misunderstand Red's compliance to everything she's just tired of dealing with shit and wants to get it over already (aka done with everyone else's bullshit)

------------

"Layton, what in the world are you doing here? Your mom's going to be upset if she finds out about this." I crossed my arms at the kid. I was pissed, of course.

"Don't worry! Mom knows." Layton just pushed himself off the haystack and sat beside me on the wagon, now back in his human form. "I told her."

"And she's just okay with you going with me?"

"She saw how I wanted to become stronger in using my powers, and she knows you can guide me to doing that. And I did say I want to help you."

What kind of mom is chill with letting her own son out into danger?

Whatever. Layton was a nice form of company for once. Unlike the two stooges who were still busy arguing with each other.

"Nathan, Rian, stop. You're making my ears bleed. If you guys fight so much, just get married already."

At once the two guys stared at me and started to complain, yet again. Well, minus Rian, because he's not some kind of asshole.

"That wasn't funny. And why's this kid here?" Nathan pointed at Layton, who stuck his tongue out at him.

"I'm coming with you guys. Can't talk me out of this one now!"

"Great. Two whiny brats. Just what we needed." Nathan put his hands up in the air. Already I could tell the other two didn't really appreciate his sarcasm.

"Why am I a brat?" Rian just gave him a dirty glare.

"Boys, please, not now."

----------

The trip soon ended not long after, and our group found themselves before a tall mass of trees. It had a weird vibe because at one point, I could literally hear tiny laughter and glitter being spread around.

"Enchantment Woods, huh... I can already tell I'm not gonna like it here." I muttered.

As soon as we all stepped into the forest we were immediately bombed with glitter. Like, no joke, a glitter shower came hurling towards us. Nathan had pulled me over to his side and covered me with his body, which I thought was pretty nice of him for once.

I still got covered in glitter though.

"It's just the fairies, don't worry." Rian explained, but I could tell he didn't really appreciate the neon colored dust all over himself. Layton promptly shook himself off the glitter.

"Bleh. Tastes like smoke." He spluttered.

I brushed off the remaining glitter while Nathan ruffled his hair, and I had to move away because of the mini glitter rain he was making.

"I'll fucking hack those fairies apart if I ever see them." He grumbled. I had to awkwardly pat him to calm him down. What a drama queen.

Hours had passed and the scenery was still trees, trees, and more trees. An occasional glitter shower had ambushed us now and then, but they have gotten predictable, honestly.

Nathan suddenly stopped walking, and I looked up at him with wonder. He was staring into something in front, but when I looked at where he was glaring at, there was nothing.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Something's there. I don't like it."

"I can sense it too. Dark energy's bursting through those rocks over there." Rian pointed at the huge mass of rocks near some parted trees. I squinted my eyes to look closely. There was a dark purple-ish aura I could make out literally seeping through the cracks.