ain't nobody got time for witches

It was around noon by the time we stopped to take a short break. I laid down on the grass, savoring the shade of the tree we were sitting under.

I got out a bag from my hood and took out a cookie. Yes, I did pack properly before leaving, what am I, ignorant?

I turned to Nathan, who was just sitting beside me and staring at the air. "Yo, Nathan, want some?" I waved the cookie at his face.

"No." But that grumble from his stomach proved him wrong. I sighed, sitting up and shoving the cookie into his mouth.

"Msffhfh-?!!"

"Aren't you tired of being apeshit?" I asked semi-seriously. He grumbled, starting to chew on the cookie.

"Sometimes not acting like a total jackass could help. I know I severely stung you with your pride issues but I am genuinely sorry about that now. Meaning I am sorry for taking away your freedom against your will."

Nathan just raised an eyebrow at me. "You're not being serious."

"I am."

"You're not."

I put my hands up in the air. "I am! What do I even have to do to make you forgive me?" Then an idea came upon me.

"If I can make you my servant... Can't I also set you free, too?"

He blinked, and looked down on the grass. "There... there is a way."

"What is it? Tell me." I grabbed another cookie and started chomping on it.

"Hold up. I'm not even sure if you're actually serious about this whole thing." Nathan squinted his eyes at me.

"I'm serious. Just look into my eyes."

"Your eyes look hideous."

"Rude. Just tell me already."

He shook his head, stealing the cookie from my hands and eating it. "I don't trust you with that information. Not now, not ever."

I pouted at him. "Such a jerk... Alright, fine. But sooner or later I'll find out eventually."

Not long before I even said anything I heard Nathan yell out to me, and I got pulled alongside him behind a large bush near the tree. He pinned me underneath his body and it honestly hurt a lot.

"Now what are you doing-"

"Shh! Be quiet!" He hissed at me, covering my mouth. Rude much?

I deadpanned, reaching out to the bush with my hands and parted away some leaves just a little.

And I was pretty sure I jinxed myself earlier, because right there, were three witches.

In the flesh, too.

They looked like what a stereotypical witch would look like to a lot of people. Black dresses and black pointy hats, ugly old faces. They had the classic flying broomsticks in their hands.

They seemed to be talking to one another, and I felt Nathan tense up a little. (not, not like, that kind of tense. get your mind out of the gutter)

"I could have sworn I saw a white Wolf lurking around here..." One of the witches said.

"Well maybe your eyesight's getting bleak! I don't see any Wolf at all!" The second one screeched. Their voices were all annoying me.

"We'll come back here later. Right now we have something to attend!" The third one said and they all hopped onto their broomsticks, and flew off into the sky.