of course im OP. im the protagonist

happy new year to y'all :)

-----------

The little girl stopped in front of a rusty looking shack. There were no more lanterns that lighted the place, so it looked like something out of a horror movie.

"Please help! A big monster took my big brother away and I'm too scared to go by myself!"

Instantly I felt conflicted. The logical, sane part of my brain told me not to act all heroic, but that kid's pulling the puppy dog eyes on me. I swear everyone in this whole universe knows what I'm weak to.

"Tell me... how come you wanted a Red Riding Hood to help?" Came Rian's voice. He caught up with me and the kid, Nathan following close by.

The little girl wiped her eyes from the tears threatening to fall. "My mother always told me stories of how Red Riding Hood was a very strong hero... And she defeated every single bad guy ever! So now I want her to save my big brother!"

A huge part of my developing ego grew. Me, very strong? Why thank you. But that also implies there were other Red Riding Hoods before me, so that's one thing needing clarification later on.

"Let's go." I gestured to the boys, turning to the entrance of the shack.

"You're actually going to rescue that kid?" Nathan looked at me with disbelief.

"Can't hurt to try."

"Lady Red's so brave!" Rian looked at me, eyes shining with admiration. This earned a side glare from Nathan.

"Tch. Whatever."

And the three of us ventured inside the shack, looking quite heroic if I did say so myself.

I was immediately hit with disappointment.

When that little kid said, "big monster", I meant something like a towering brute of an ugly mug ready to tear our heads off.

Nah.

"You have got to be shitting with me right now." Nathan lifted a brow and Rian for once nodded along with him.

A half-assed looking goblin thing stood by the abandoned crates inside the shack. It was roughly around the size of a vegetable crate, green skin, beady yellow eyes and jaws that didn't seem to be able to support the rest of it's face.

Something that pathetic in looks managed to kidnap someone half their size?

I deadpanned as the little goblin shit just screeched and jumped at me with it's claws out. I took my axe and swung it in one move, not even moving an inch from where I was standing. It got severed in half and disintegrated immediately.

What the hell. This is actual bullshit.

"What a joke." Nathan sneered. I only shrugged, not really caring anymore. I looked around for any signs of that little girl's older brother.

A glimpse of red hair peaked out from a crate and a little boy appeared. His whole body was littered with dirt and a few scars. If it was one thing I couldn't stand, it was kids getting hurt.

"You're okay now, kid. You can go back to your sister."

He beamed. "T-thank you, Miss Red!" He ran off to meet up with the little girl, and started to embrace each other, crying.

How touching.

In the end we met the kids' mom, who had been looking all over for them. The kids told them the whole story of the events from before, because they were honest little tots. She thanked us to no end right after that.