Chapter 2

~(...____Cyan Woods____...)~
_________________________________________

***Stop being a baby...cry a little...build yourself a bridge and get the heck over it***
_________________________________________

School was the one place where no one had to be themselves, where we faked it till we made it and I was living proof.

You couldn't be yourself and still be loved, worshipped, feared and held at the highest point of the cruel hierarchy of Grayland High School, you didn't need to be polite or nice or sweet to gain power, you needed to be your cruelest self so they were too scared to hate you, too stricken to think about hurting you and so their greatest fear became opposing you.

I strolled casually down the school halls, feeling like I had all the time in the world.

Rowan Dane, my best friend -or atleast I let him think he was- on my left. Long pin straight dark blonde hair, tied up in a man bun -i have had the urge to chop off at least a dozen times since I met him-, stormy grey eyes now glittering with mischief as he chatted away with a blonde -probably scoring her for the night-, who was dressed in a miniskirt so tight it was a wonder she could even walk.

The school's queen bee, head cheerleader, Sophia Jensen, -Grayland High's favourite half French-half British beauty and my personal favourite title of her...my girlfriend-on my right clinging to my arm with my acquaintances-not friends...just acquaintances- and hers flocking, gushing all around us, practically suffocating me.

"You are taking me to the Winter formal, right Cyan?" Sophie whispered into my ear earning awws from all around us, her blue-green orbs lighting up, yet the all so elegant accent in her voice remained...always dignified. I knew she was excited but she couldn't show, she wasn't allowed to show and I understood it heck sometimes even respected, it was how she was brought up, nobody ever said being English royalty was an easy thing.

"Yes offcourse" I whispered back earning another round of awws, I almost rolled my eyes at the extremities of the sycophants surrounding us like our own royal court, anything to get in good with the King and Queen of Grayland High.

I wasn't taking her personally because I wanted to but because it was expected, everything was expected, the golden boy and queen bee were expected to date, expected to be the IT couple, role models for all to see how it should be done, it was just kind of a plus that we could stand each other and looked cute with her in my arms.

She tilted her head, took one look at me before her lips tilted wryly ever so slightly.

Damn...I'm a goner.

I grinned as she wrapped her arms around my neck ,my arms snaking around her petite waist,I softly pressed my lips against hers, time seemed to stand still before I felt the familiarity of my body against hers and the taste of that intoxicating Cherry bubblegum from her lips, I think we were breaking a few of her royalty rules and there would probably be alot of warnings and damage control from her parents side and alot of sly grins from ours but none of that mattered because in this moment we were in our own little world.

Sophia was a bloody queen, royalty-literally-, the sort of queen you would throw yourself to the floor for without a care in the world, just to make sure the sole of her heel never touched the floor, Sophia didn't just ask for attention, she demanded it and for whatever strange reason they had the students of Grayland High gladly gave it to her worshipping the dirt she walked on.

And for that reason I greatly admired her.

Adored actually.

She was actually being herself and probably the only one in this institution being real, and yet she was still worshipped, envied, loved and most importantly, feared.

A feat that only she in the history of this institution of learning has been able to accomplish.

*****
Author's note:
Any comments on Sophie, Cyan and their relationship???
Thanks for reading!!!