Chapter 3

~(...____Cyan Woods____...)~
_________________________________________

***I looked into those eyes, saw the fear and horror behind them yet I couldn't look away***
_________________________________________

The sky was pink...

                                 No blue...

                                                  No purple...
It just kept changing.

A river of caramel running beside him, plants sprouting marshmallows and crackers for dipping.

I saw horses...ponies actually with wings and horns...the wings vanishing just as soon as they came...unicorns right?

I ran with them, prance around gaily, not bothering myself with the fact that none of these things could actually exist.

Flick...
I stopped running.

Flick...
I looked around.

Flick...
I woke up.

I turned to see Sophia's blue-green orbs boring into mine, and boy was she mad.
I wiped drool from the side of my lips looking at my desk in the process... origami everywhere -the origami she had made and thrown-.

I was in deep shit now.

I gave her a wide grin, the one I knew made her shiver and think of all the forbidden things she wanted to do to me. What? They always did say use what your mama gave you and my mama gave me a panty-dropping grin and taught me how to bloody use it.

"Do you need something Soph?" I asked batting my blue eyes at her...my lips set in a half smirk. I was pushing her buttons and she knew it -doesn't mean she could do anything about it though-.

I calmly ran a hand through my tousled raven locks as she internally struggled for an answer that wouldn't make her sound like a frustrated housewife...I think I need a haircut.

"Cyan!" She hissed "you are already failing this class" I scoffed as if I needed her to remind me "You get one more D this term and you'll be kicked off the football team!"

I knew she cared and this was one of the little ways she showed it.

I smirked knowing that my next statement would -in fact- confirm I had a death wish "Do you think I need a haircut Soph? cause I do, maybe a little off the top and a trim at the sides" I babbled on knowing it would immensely irritate her.

"Cyan, be serious" she muttered narrowing her eyes at me, if looks could kill I'd be decapitated and twenty feet under by now...thankfully it didn't "Cyan!" she whispered furiously.

I let out a sigh, I knew she wasnt going to let me off the hook not today not ever and especially not with that look in her eyes, not until I said something that made sense atleast. And I was getting genuinely scared she was going to hit me with that heel she kept tapping against the floor. I had seen her do it before, Stacey Moors is in the hospital for that same reason right now with no charges pressed against the British princess whom she very well knew could end her in court with the signing of one check.

"Soph, algebra isn't my thing, okay?" I sighed.

She narrowed her eyes at me even more -if that was possible- just when I was starting to think she couldn't look more menacing she always found new ways to surprise me and made this annoying "tsk" sound inside her mouth before she said a word she'd said to me so many times before "faux pas!"

I gave her a wink as I heard the bell "I'll catch up with you later Soph!" I said as I bolted out of that damn class.

I had better but no less gruesome things to do anyway.

*****
I briskly walked down the hall, staring at my bruised knuckles.
I showed that asshole -Nate I-don't- give-two-flying-shits-about-his-last-name- that no one and I mean no fucking one touches my girl. I didnt have many things I placed in the forbidden zone, I was basically a cool guy and not much got on my nerves but I think sophie was the whole damn zone, touch her and you get your ass handed to you.

Nate tried to grope Sophie at one of Rowan's parties, it wasnt like I cared about her that personally-a girl like her should be able to take care of her shit anyway, girl power and all that- just cared about what that sort of scandal could do to my reputation-was he trying to ruin me?-.

Besides you touch another guy's girl he beats you up, it's the principle of a thing.

I shiver rolled over me as I realized what I called her...My girl... The girl driving me insane with those hooded blue-green eyes and those coy smiles.

I was so deep in thought, I didnt notice her until she was sprawled on the floor -quite ungracefully might I add- and her books and term papers scattered.

"I'm so sorry" I apologised stretching my hand out to her encouraging her to take it.

I saw her lips tilt downwards but she grabbed my hand anyway, finally looking up at me.

Gold...
Golden orbs like liquid amber.

No. No. No. No. No.

Why the hell was she here? at my school.

Fuck...

Shit was going to go down and I'm going to be smack in the middle of it like a spectator again...maybe he'd be merciful and let me sit this one out.

Yeah right...

"Golden" I choked out, dread filling me up "your eyes are golden!"

I didnt realise I had let go of her until I saw her on the floor again.

She huffed lifting herself off the floor this time, curiosity and a little anger swimming in those eyes "yeah? What's it to you"

Her voice was smooth, very smooth like water or silk. It would have been nice to hear if only I wasnt burdened with the fact that in just a few days i would have the "honor" -according to Xavier- of watching her die.

Shit...was all I could think of. I spun on my heels and stalked away hearing he proclamations of me being crazy and judgemental and yet the only thing I heard was the eerie silence of the grave she would be in soon enough.

Dramatic?

I think not!

*****
Author's Note:
Just so we are clear
Faux pas is a french term for unacceptable...
Thoughts on sophia, cyan and any other person.