Chapter 6

~(...____Fall Dawn____...)~
_________________________________________

***If and when I run wild, I don't want you to chase me and hold me down. Just run with me, only run with me.***
_________________________________________

I clinged tightly unto the banister, trying to repress a pained groan. I didn't feel so good, the room was like a merry-go-round from hell. I felt my stomach lurch, whatever I had consumed threatened to come back out...the hard way.

I slowed my breathing, taking deep breaths trying to steady myself and y'know not pass out like the many people I could see all around me.

My head was throbbing, it hurt bad. My brain felt jumbled as I tried to remember the asshole who threw this party and the one who had roped me into going with compliments and a dazzling smile–and yes I'm that vain, I used to be a cheerleader, get over it!–, coming up short.

The herd was closing in on me, I could hear the thundering stampede, the sound of their hooves –or y'know whatever they had– rumbling against the ground, their bellows and cries against humanity as if I had personally offended them. They were going to crush me and yet I could do nothing but stare as I awaited my doom with a migraine the size of Texas.

I couldn't see the elephants yet –but I knew they were coming– but what I did see was a pair of electric blue eyes infront of me.

Did elephants have blue eyes?

I though about the answer and decided I wasn't quite sure.

"Are you ok?" Came the blue-eyed elephant's voice.

I thought of the meaning of his question and of the sound of his voice and formulated what I thought to be a smart suitable answer for his question but unfortunately, I think my mouth had other plans because all that came out was "me...hurt...herd" and then a pained moan.

That's it, I swear I'm never drinking again. I mean, a few measly hours of alcohol and loud heart-pounding music in exchange for a 24-hours migraine and significantly reduced functioning of my brain cells. Hardly seemed fair.

I would swear to hell and back if I could–also meaning if my mouth and brain ever decided to cooperate, instead of waging war on my insides–as I vaguely remembered something about a chemistry test by Miss flower?...flora?...fauna?...f-f-f-Flores!. Miss flores.

Don't let the name fool you, she is as angry and hellish and bitter as they come, an attitude probably influenced by the fact that she is still a spinster at 30-something. I would say she deserves it for torturing innocent children but that would be downright mean so instead I'll say 'keep up the good work, Karma!'.

"Come sit down." he said with a familiar drawl in his voice.

So against my better judgement, I allowed myself to be led to a chair at the back of the room. I cranked my neck trying to get a good look of my surroundings, you know in case I needed to knee him in the groin and run.

My view obstructed as he came to kneel in front of me and all ideas of escape flew out the window as I got sucked into his startling shade of electric blue eyes.

"Blue eyes," I moaned.

The working part of my brain cells wondered how long it would take for the effects of the alcohol to wear off and for me to stop sounding like, like well, a drunk.

He let out a chuckle "Yeah," he smiled at me "I guess my eyes are blue. "

His speech was perfect, no slur obviously unlike mine. He was obviously not drunk, like at all.