↬ five

FIVE 

Comment your name pls?

Dedicated to @Jenzieendgame tysm for reading!

JOHNNY ORLANDO'S POV
✩✰༄

"So what do you like to do in your free time?" I asked, holding back a yawn. Based off the conversation we'd had, Mackenzie seemed like a complete goodie two shoes. No wonder she and Lauren were friends.

"Well, I read for one," she began, and I couldn't help but wrinkle my nose.

"What?" She asked, arching her brows.

"Nothing."

"You should too. It isn't as lame as people make it out to be," she shrugged.

"Do I look like someone who reads?" I questioned, leaning forward. "No, but you look like you should," she retorted.

I sighed. This was boring. "You wanna know what I'd rather be doing?" I questioned. I watched her facial expression change to confusion.

"What?"

"Anything. Literally anything other than being here." I expected her to snap at me and walk off, which is what I was aiming for, but instead she just shrugged.

"I can think of multiple things you'd rather not do," she muttered.

"You're a little pervert," I said, widening my eyes. She hadn't come across as someone who had a dirty mind.

"What? I meant like hanging off the edge of the cliff without Eleven being there to save you," she said, opening her mouth in a small gape.

"You've watched Stranger Things?" I asked her, surprised. She nodded.

"Well, I'd actually rather do that than be here," I said, waiting for her to walk off.

"Well, mister, you're the one who invited me here," she narrows her eyes.

"To piss off Lauren. I think it's worked. Just report back to her," I grin.

"How do you expect us to be friends?" She rolls her eyes. "I don't know. That's up to you to figure out. Here. You can pay. I've got to go," I say, standing up and placing a few bills on the table.

"But I need a ride home," she puckered her lower lip. Does she not get a hint or-

"Jesus. Didn't you think to tell me this before?" I asked her. "No. Now hurry up! We can't have you getting late for wherever you've got to go," she smirks.

I groan in frustration as I impatiently wait for the waiter to give us the bill.

"Get in," I told Mackenzie, as I jumped into the driver's seat. "Aren't you going to open the door for me?" She cooed, a mischievous glint in her eyes. She knew what she was doing.

"Get in," I barked again, after leaning across and pushing open the door. She muttered something about my bad manners, but entered nonetheless, slamming the door behind her.

"Don't do that. Where do you live?" I asked her, starting the car. "I'll tell you. Just start driving," she ordered. I rolled my eyes, and started up the car.

We'd been driving for twenty minutes, and Mackenzie was constantly changing her directions.

"Take a left. No- a right," she told me. I did as she said, and came to a dead end. "Mackenzie, this is the fourth dead end you've led us to," I grit my teeth.

"Well, I'm lost!" She exclaimed. "How do you not know where your house is!" I exclaimed incredulously.

"Oh! You want to know where I live? That's on the other side of town," she said, tilting her head innocently.

I stopped the car, and stared at her in shock. "You want to know where I live? What do you mean? Where did you think I wanted to go? Stop playing," I said, my voice rising.

"Well, I thought we were going exploring," she grinned coyly. 

I refrained from flipping her off, and instead slowly asked her for her address. "Wood street, 67," she told me, a grin playing on her lips.

"But- But I live like two houses down," I told her. "I know."

Instead of replying, I drove back in the direction we'd come, and only after another fifteen minutes did we reach back. Thankfully, the rest of the journey was silent.

"Thanks for the ride! We should do this again sometime," Mackenzie chirpily said, bouncing on her feet.

"How'd you get to the restaurant?" I asked her, ignoring her statement. "My car..."

"Let me guess. Your car's still at the restaurant?" She nodded, as she turned red. Oh, so she does have some humility.

"You're something else." I shook my head before driving to my house.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵
AUTHORS NOTE
merry late christmas if u celebrate!
if you don't, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
sorry again for the long wait, but i've finally got inspiration for this book :)
also, this chapter is NOT it, because i wrote most of it when i wasn't inspired at all, so i sorta edited it, but nah.
i promise the next chapter will be better :)

[ 805 words ]