Chapter 3: Trust Exercises

(Night was now part of the Bee team, but wasn't going to tell who she was to them anytime soon. In a forest, the bots do some trust exercises.)

Strongarm falls on her back, expecting Sideswipe to catch her, but didn't. It had busted her comm unit. But Strongarm had dropped him three times in a row because he wasn't falling correctly. "Why don't you demonstrate how to fall right, your dictatorship?",he said. Strongarm growls and they start fighting again.

"You guys, knock it off. These exercises are important",Bee said. As they they both turned to him, Nightmare was carrying Bumblebee in her arms.

"Yeah. Why can't you guys take anything seriously?",Grimlock said looking at them with a smile with sharp teeth. Nightmare smiled nervously looking at Bee, "yeah.". Bee clears his throat a bit. Strongarm and Sideswipe start snickering and laughing. Night puts Bee back on his feet. "If we're gonna work together to capture all escaped Decepticons, we have to learn to trust each other?",Bee says in a serious matter.

"I do trust Sideswipe.. to mess up",she says which causes another fight. The pair continued their fight until Fix-it comms all five of them back to the scrapyard. He reports that he has detected some nearby fugitive signals and intact stasis pods. Suddenly, they get a distress from an oil tanker that they were being attacked by a metal shark. "Decepticon..",Night said.

"The Alchemor prisoner manifest listed a Sharkticon aboard.",he said looking on the screen. Night read all about the criminal on Cybertron and all types of cons, even a Sharkticons. Fix-it hands Bee his capture device, but wasn't sure if would work again. Bumblebee decides to take Grimlock and Nightmare to investigate. But she thinks of staying in the scrapyard with her son. He accepted it. "You and the Dinobot?",Strongarm questioned.

"Grimlock proved to me earlier that he can be trusted in a field situation that requires teamwork, you two check out those fugitive signals together. Nightmare, stay here if you want",Bee said and walks off with Grimlock. Fix-it gives the coordinates of the pods to Strongarm and Sideswipe and head off. Varian was in the Alchemor below the screening, playing with his toys.

Meanwhile, Grimlock and Bee drive on the boat to the oil tanker. On the drive, Bee kept thinking of the new team mate seeker, Nightmare. He felt like he had heard her name before, but it wouldn't go away. Bee felt something a little bit strange about her. They make it to the ship. Grimlock hopes for punching on the Decepticon and Bee admires the bodies of water and its creatures. But something hits the boat, causing it to rumble. The Decepticon was below the ship.

In the other mission, Sideswipe and Strongarm argue with each other. Sideswipe think that Strongarm wasn't gonna treat him as an equal. Then they split up, but since her comms was damaged, she wasn't able to keep in touch with him. Grimlock transforms and attacks the con by himself. But the con shakes Grim off and gets on board, crushing Bee's weapon. Grimlock get stuck on the bottom of the ocean. Strongarm continues the mission, and finds stasis pods and another Decepticon named Steeljaw. He tries to bluff by letting her think that he was a guard from the ship. Then Strongarm points out that he had a Decepticon logo on his shoulder, but he renders her unconscious.

Back on the scrapyard, Nightmare was sitting on the ground with her son, Varian on her lap. "Is he your kid?",Russell asked her. He stands on the Alchemor with Fix-it. "To be honest... he's not.. I found him in an alley on Cybertron.. So I took him home with me.",she said. Varian looked now a few months old since Underbite attacked. Nightmare was thinking it was growth spurts. "So where did you work on Cybertron?",he asked another question.

"A nurse and miner.",she answered his question.

A moment later, Strongarm calls in, but they couldn't hear what she was saying. Nightmare was confused and surprised, but it sounded like trouble. Sideswipe arrives back at the scrapyard without Strongarm. "Strongarm isn't back yet, is she?",he asked.

"Listen, Sideswipe..!",Russell tries to get his attention. Sideswipe says that he didn't find any pods and that Fix-it's equipment was broken. Varian gets his attention by tapping on his leg. "What?",he looked down at him. They tell him that Strongarm was in trouble. So he had to go deal with it or he'll get in trouble by Bee. Then Nightmare reminds him not to argue again. Back on the ship, Sharkticon, Hammerstrike and Bumblebee continued their fight, until bee got distracted by a coast guard coming to the ship. Which made it long enough for Hammerstrike to escape from the bee bot. Bumblebee comms Grim to go back to shore. They both arrive back, but everyone was gone except for Fix-it and Varian.

Looking at the information of Sharkticons, Bee figures out was Hammerstrike's plan was, flooding the sea with oil. So the two head to a nearby automated oil refinery where Hammerstrike was headed next. Meanwhile, Sideswipe, Russell and Nightmare stop by a ranger station. Night gets off her motorcycle, looking for clues to see if a Decepticon was there. "Someone was here.",she said looking a truck with a broken chain.

"This chain's snapped clean.",Russell said and also looked at the floor. The truck looked like it was pulled around by something big. They continue their drive. Sideswipe still complains about Strongarm treating him bad. Night was a tired of him complaining a bit. Russell suggest that he treats others with respect, he'll have respect.

The three find Strongarm chained up and Steeljaw trying to convince that he wants to live in peace, but Nightmare sensed he was lying. Russell starts to come up with an idea, since Night looked like a Decepticon, all he had to do was change her symbol that was on her collar bone in the middle.

In the oil refinery, Bee and Grim look for Hammerstrike. They hear banging on a pipe by the Decepticon. The pipe breaks, causing the floor to flood by oil and making it slippery. Steeljaw kept asking her questions, including where they were based when Night appeared in the dark of the trees, "Fire Stark". Her optics were a red color like her mate's eyes. "Fire Stark" And Steeljaw started a conversation, while Russell frees Strongarm. Nightmare was getting bored of the conversation until he asked how she was captured. "I was captured by elite guards. They caught me killing bots and cons for nothing. Put cuffs on my arms behind my back and a chain on my neck like a collar on a dog.",lying about her capturing. He was getting interested in her capturing. When Russell breaks the chain quietly, Steeljaw hears and growls.

At the refinery, Bumblebee and Grimlock were still sliding on the oil, still trying to catch Hammerstrike. Grim had a plan to entrap him in an empty oil barrel and they succeeded. Meanwhile, Steeljaw spots Russell and know what to say to. "Fire Stark". "Don't go near him, brother",she said sarcastically. Then he realized she was an Autobot. After a pursuit, Strongarm kicks Steeljaw to a tree and Night save Russell from a falling tree. Steeljaw escapes from them, "I have a bad feeling we're gonna see that con again.",Sideswipe said.

"I hope so.",Strongarm said serious. They all had back to the scrapyard. Fix-it was relieved Strongarm was alright and the rest of the team arrives with their Decepticon. The trio report about Steeljaw and the open pods. Bee makes Steeljaw the first wanted Decepticon.

"Thanks Russell, you really saved my spark back there",Strongarm thanks Russell, instead of Sideswipe. "Um, you're welcome.",he said a bit confused of her thankfulness.

"W-what?? Hey, I put my gears on the line for you too, know. F-fine. You're never gonna-",Swipe said, but during his complain, Night looked at Strongarm with a sass look. So, Nightmare trips Sideswipe with her tail to stop his talking and Strongarm catches him from behind. "Thanks and don't get cocky",she said and walks away.

"That first step we talked about in the woods... I think it's been taken",Russell observes that they well work together and Nightmare agrees with him. A moment, Varian crawls to Bee and touches his leg to get his attention. Bee turns his head to the side and looks down at him. He gives him a smile, "hey little buddy",Bee says. Varian giggles and claps his hands.

Nightmare smiles warmly.