Chapter 14

Kage's P.O.V.

I walked straight into Finch's office. I didn't knock. I didn't give a shit whether he was seeing a patient or not but thankfully, he wasn't.

"Oh... Hello Mr.Baker. Do we have an appointment today?"

"Why is everyone saying that you've been sleeping with my girlfriend?" I asked him bluntly. I know she isn't technically my girlfriend but I'm sure that by now we can all get past that.

The look on his face was priceless. It turned from friendly to fear in a heartbeat like he was suddenly scared of me... and that answered my question.

"uh- Kage b-before you have an outburst, I want you to understand that she threw herself at me and as a professional, I denied her offer." He was never good at lying but then again it might just be the fact that I'm good at detecting them. I closed the door of his office and locked it. 

"I want you to tell me everything that happened between you two... don't try to lie again." I said sternly. The fear in his eyes only fueled my anger and resentment. He opened his mouth to speak a few times before finally putting together the proper words.

"She didn't want you to be put in the Danger Ward so I made a deal with her..."

"What was the deal?"

"Kage, you have to see my side of things..."

"Cut the fucking shit, Tyler, tell me what the damn deal was!" He sighed deeply and looked down, sliding her file towards me along with a secondary folder. 

"The other one is a personal folder about her that I made myself..." He said shamefully. I never knew he was so terrified of me that he would give up information like this just in hopes that I wouldn't kill him.

"You have three seconds to explain why you thought it was okay to sexually assault a 16 year old girl like that." I didn't even give him the three seconds I promised before I started punching him in the stomach.

His glasses flew off when I hit him in the face. The entire time he begged me to stop but why? Why does he deserve mercy? Because he didn't actually do what he wanted to? Or because he has a wife and kids at home?

I kept hitting even after I knew I knocked a few teeth out, after he lost consciousness I didn't stop hitting him until the security guards broke the door down and tore me off of him. 

They almost threw me in solitary again until they found his 'files' on Erika. They let me off with a warning.

That was when everyone in that damn hospital realized that I don't fuck around when it comes to Erika. I could've done worse to him... I wanted to kill him but I know that Erika would never forgive me if I did that.

Everything in my life revolves around her in some way or another now. I'm not sure if that's good or bad but I really don't care because she makes me happy. She tries her best to keep me stable which is more than I can say for anyone else. I didn't want her to be in here... she really doesn't belong in this place.

The selfish side of my mind wants her to stay and be with me because I have no chance of getting out. It's different though because when she's 18, she can check herself out while with me, I had signed my rights over when I was 18 because I was too unstable to be out in public. 

Erika's file was still burned into my mind.

Name: Erika Arwyn Daniels
Age: 16
Diagnosis: Depressive episodes, severe anxiety, PTSD
Extra: Mentally unstable, generally can't be touched, problematic

Of course that was nothing compared to the information in the 'secret file' that Finch made for only his eyes.

There were security camera photos taped to the inside of the folder of Erika and I, some of just Erika. There were also little side notes like "still a virgin" and "probably into BDSM." The man is obsessed with her on a sick level.

I sat on a bench and was surrounded by patients who were asking what happened. I tried so hard to ignore them because I didn't want to get pissed off again.

I looked up to see Ms.Miller when she laid her hand on my shoulder, Maddie was standing next to her. 

"Don't worry, Kage. I won't tell Erika." Maddie said. I nodded and smiled, pulling her into a hug. She was a little confused at first but eventually, she hugged back. 

"Thanks." I mumbled as we pulled away. She smiled at me and skipped back down the hall, the other patients close behind her.

"So how'd you find out about it?"

"Rumors spread, how about you?"

"Erika told me a few days ago." Ms.Miller moved to sit beside me as we talked. I swallowed the lump in my throat and clasped my hands together, leaning all my weight on my elbows that were on my knees.

"She told you and not me?" I asked.

"She didn't want you to handle it and she wanted to keep you here with her." I nodded, processing everything.

"So umm... do you know I-if he.. uh.."

"No... fortunately it never got to that." Her words and the way she spoke calmed me down a lot. Not as much as Erika but quite a lot none the less. 

"When will she be okay?" Ms.Miller sighed and thought for a second.

"In a day or two she will be able to come back to this floor." I nodded and glanced at her before looking back at the floor.

"Well I have something to tell you about a fellow nurse.."

I told her.

I told her about Jess. How I slept with her on multiple occasions and even told her that I was willing to do anything to keep her away from Erika since Jess tends to get malicious when someone is messing around with one of her boy toys... even if the relationship is in the past.