Chapter 16

Kage's P.O.V.

I woke up to the light from my window shining in my eyes, Erika still asleep on top of me. I smiled and kissed her forehead before slowly shifting to rest her on the mattress instead.

I heard that oh so familiar knock on my door as I put my shirt on. None other than Jess popped her head in.

"Checks!" She said obnoxiously loud. When she saw Erika asleep in my bed, something clicked.  Her entire expression changed from joy to anger real quick. She walked into the room and closed the door behind her. 

"I heard the rumors but I didn't think they were true." She stated after taking the key from her lanyard and locking the door. I stood up and blocked her from Erika.

"Jess you need to leave." She just stared down at her with a menacing face.

"She can't treat you the way I could, Kage. You can't replace me with her!"

"I'm not replacing anyone, she doesn't use me like you did." I stated angrily while keeping my voice low.

Of course Erika woke up because Jess wouldn't keep her voice down. She sat up, rubbed her eyes, and stared at me in confusion.

"Erika, this is Jess. The nurse who needs to be fired for sleeping with a patient." I said while glaring at Jess to try and get my point across. 

"Hey hun, I was the girl Kage used to fuck before he met you. Careful though, he likes it rough." She laughed like a maniac. Maybe she should get checked in herself...

Erika's jaw dropped and I shook my head, grabbing Jess's wrist and unlocking the door after taking her lanyard and shoving her out. When I closed the door, I turned around to see Erika standing right in front of me. 

"Kage is that true? You used to sleep with her?" I nodded slowly and leaned back against the door. I felt so ashamed. She looked down at her feet and chewed her bottom lip. 

"In your bed?" She looked disgusted in the fact that she slept in that bed. Once again, I nodded.

I was expecting her to be angry or upset with me but instead she just hugged me tightly.

"Never again right?" She asked and I nodded.

"Never again." I confirmed to her that it was all in the past.

"Kage?"

"Yeah?"

"You're mine."

"I'm ok with that."

She laughed gently and rested her head on my chest. I rested one hand on the small of her back and one to push the hair behind her ears, the burn marks still visible. She frowned and stared at the wall.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"What is it?"

"Why her?" I sighed and shifted her away from me.

"Erika, look, don't overthink this. She was a nurse that wanted attention and I was desperate. All of that changed when I met you." She wouldn't make eye contact with me. She just nodded and turned to look out the window.

"Do you think she's pretty?" She asked me while playing with the end of her sleeve. I furrowed my brows and sighed, turning her around to face me.

"What are you talking about?" She just groaned and sat on the floor. I locked the door with Jess's lanyard I still had and sat down in front of her, placing my hand on her shoulder.

"What is going on with you, Erika?"

"It's stupid..." I shook my head and lifted her chin up to make eye contact with her, "well... uh... I'm a little jealous I guess."