Chapter 21

Erika's P.O.V.

Ms.Miller stood in shock when she saw my face; this was something she never thought Kage was capable of.

"Erika, come with me... Kage, please go back to the activity ward," she said calmly. Her expression was stern and her voice sounded like she wanted to blow up but she was keeping it suppressed.

Kage nodded and walked out the door, stopping for a moment to look down at me. Ms.Miller has her hands on my shoulders protectively while he had this look of sorrow, clear he was about to cry. I looked back down at the floor until he continued back down the activity ward. Ms.Miller stood in front of me and tilted her head to the side, gesturing to the employee's usually empty, lounge.

When we walked in, she immediately shut and locked the door, making me sit down. She then brought a mirror over, putting it in front of me only for me to close my eyes and turn away. I didn't want to see what Kage did.

"What did he do to you, Erika?"

"We got into an argument and he hit me."

"Has this happened before?" I shook my head, finally letting my eyes meet the bruise on me. There is no way to hide this.

"So what happens now?"

"Usually we would have to report him but since this is a special matter, it's up to you."

"You... want me to report him?" I looked up at her, worried about him.

"No, it's your decision if you want to report him or not." I relaxed a bit, looking down at my hands. 

"What happens if I do?" I asked quietly.

"He gets moved to the danger ward and his medication gets upped," She explained. I thought for a moment and shook my head, sighing.

"No... I don't want to report him," I looked back up at her as she wrapped her arms around me. 

"If you want, I could have you escorted to your room?"

"Yeah, I want to go now," She nodded and picked up her radio, calling for three guards.

When they showed up, one of them was Spier. As he saw my face, his eyes went wide and it looked as though he wanted to say something, but he just stood there with the other two guards.

"Please escort Erika to her room and don't let any of the other patients see as her request," One of them grabbed my arm gently as Ms.Miller nudged me towards them. We walked through the activity ward but the guards had surrounded me, making it so none of the other patients saw me.

I thanked all the guards as we got to my room, all of them leaving except for Spier. I looked at him, wondering why he was just staring at me.

"Did Baker do that to you?" He asked, just above a whisper.

"I don't want to talk about it..." I said as he frowned, biting his lip.

"I'm sorry..." Spier mumbled before walking down the hall. I then closed my door, laying down on my bed to think.

--

Kage's P.O.V.

It felt as if I couldn't feel anything. I sat in the corner of the activity ward and held my head in my hands. Every time I close my eyes, all I can see is Erika's terrified and shocked face after I hit her. 

I'm not proud of this at all. In fact, I'm more ashamed than I ever imagined. Everything was just unraveling so fast like a loose ball of yarn but there's nothing I can do about it. I dug myself this grave before figuring out how to get out.

Not long after, I saw three guards walking through the ward. As they walked past, one of them stared me dead in the eyes like he knew what I did. I looked down at their feet to see another, smaller pair walking in between them.

I'm so sorry.

As they left, Maddie ran over to me. She looked worried; her hands clasped together in front of her.

"Yes? Are you alright?" I asked, taking her hands in mine.

"Where did Erika go?" Her small voice sounded in a panic but I just shrugged. I honestly don't know what to tell her because I don't know either.

"I... don't know, Maddie. I'm sorry," She looked sad and sat down in front of me.

"Well can I hang out with you until she comes back?"

"I guess," I responded as I let go of her hands. I knew she wasn't coming back today as well as the act that I will be in some deep shit soon if I got reported. 

You deserve this.

I don't want anyone knowing about this because they won't understand. Everyone justs sees me as some kind of death machine which I guess can be true but definitely not with Erika! I never wanted to hurt her, I don't even know why I did. I feel so powerless I don't even know what to do.

"I love Erika, she's kinda like my mom but a lot nicer than my real mom... do you love Erika?" I stared at her for a moment while I thought about the correct way to respond.

"Yeah... I love her too," I said softly, looking down at my hands as they traced the patterns on the floors. 

This is all your fault.

Right when Maddie was about to say something else, the intercom cut on with Mrs.Banks voice piercing through.

"All teens back to their wards," I sighed and patted Maddie on the shoulder, her just running off the to girl's ward. I took a deep breath, heading straight for my room. I set up a chair under my door handle as I closed my door so no one could get in.

As I laid down on my bed, everything hit me again. Everything felt... wrong and there was no going back. Just hearing Erika telling me that we were over broke my heart but the fact that I was the reason just made it a hundred times worse. 

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the door handle jiggling. I groaned and walked over, opening the door a smidge just to be pushed back by a certain brunette nurse named Jess.  She walked in and slammed my door shut, putting the chair back. She backed me into a corner and stared me down.

"You think you can just forget about me?" She placed her hands on my chest and got closer.

"Jess, no, I told you I don't want to mess around anymore!"

"Yeah but that's only because that whore is here..." She stated, her hands traveling down my torso, stopping at the top of my thighs. 

"Go away, I'm not gonna do this," She paused for a moment and reached into her pocket, pulling out her phone. She clicked a few things and then showed me security footage of Erika and I going down into the basement as well as move the boxes in front of us.

This is bad 

"Did you think I wouldn't see this?" She laughed like a maniac and smirked at me, biting her lip. 

"Jess, we didn't do anything," I started to panic as I reached out for the phone only to have her take it away before I could get it.

"Holy shit this is gonna be sooo fun..." She said to herself, kissing my cheek before walking out. I stood there completely paralyzed. On the bright side, the cameras caught her doing that just now but on the other side... she downloaded the footage of us going down into the basement on her fucking phone that she can use against us. We didn't do anything but it sure as hell looks like we did and having sex is a big no so you know shit will hit the fan if that gets out. 

"FUCK!" I screamed before my mind went blank. 

I had trashed my entire room, punching walls, breaking my bed, slightly denting the metal bars on my windows... by the time the guards got there, my room was ruined and my hands were gushing with blood.

Three guards had to pin me to the ground while I kicked and screamed. Another one finally ran into the room with a strong sedative and I don't remember anything after that.