Budo x Male Reader

Requested by egingjr

Fricc sorry if this is short and lame

3rd Person POV

Y/N cheered as his boyfriend and role model single handedly defeated Raibaru in a duel. The crowd stood silent, baffled by how such a strong female character could be bested by someone who appeared as an underdog.

To everyone's surprise, Raibaru was relieved.

"Heh, congrats, Budo, ya beat me!" she smiled.

Raibaru then took off her arm band and handed it to Budo. Budo tilted his head in confusion.

"Huh?"

"For you. I'm retiring from the martial arts club."

Budo and Y/N's eyes lit up. Y/N, in excitement, tackled Budo in a hug.

"Budo I'm so happy for you! You're finally gonna be the leader of the martial arts club!" Y/N gushed. Budo smiled and hugged his boyfriend back.

"Hehe, thanks, Y/N! You know I mostly got this far just because of your training~"

Y/N blushed. "Oh, nono, you would've beat Raibaru without my help anyway," he modestly replied.

"Nonesense," Budo chuckled as he patted his humble boyfriend on his head.

...

Y/N grinned while watching his boyfriend host the martial arts club activity time. "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality," Budo quoted.

Budo was doing an amazing job as a club leader, making sure everyone was training, and even though he wasn't in the club, Budo would let Y/N train with the club members as well.

Slowly creeping up on Budo, Y/N hugged him from behind. Budo was startled, but his surprised face soon turned into a smile.

"Hey, Y/N~" Budo cooed.

"Hi, Budo-Kun~!" Y/N squeaked.

"You ready for our date tonight?"

Despite his role as a club leader, Budo still made sure to spend all of his spare time with Y/N. Y/N was worried for the overwhelmed boy, of course, but Budo always assured him that he was fine.

"Of course!"

...