3. The Almighty Croos

Chapter Summary:

You go back to the Underworld to retrieve your bike and end up a little side tracked.

You also lost your wallet- and meet yet another skeleton. Oh joy.

-------------------------------------------------

Perhaps you had underestimated the sheer determination Blue and Papyrus had when it came to making friends. When you woke up around 10PM, they were on their own lawn, working on some contraptions you had no interest in — but they did see the lights in your house turn on. Luckily for you, it was late for anyone to even visit so they stayed on their side as the sun slowly fell to the horizon.

Hiding your notebook underneath your pillow and picked up your phone, you walked down to the basement; double checking if everything was locked before making a portal to the underworld - the cold brushed through the time rip, brushing past you and greedily eating up the desired warmth of your basement. You frowned softly at the wails and cries; lost souls wanting out of their rivers and endless self-torture. Easily taking a step forward, you tightened the sweater around your waist and walked forwards. The familiar snoring Cerberus was alarmed to duty when you walked closer.

Conjuring one of your father's disgusting imps, you tossed it towards Cerberus - the large canine easily tore through the imp - the high pitched squeals it screamed made you grin, a soft chuckle coming from you as you entered the door behind Cerberus, your hands out to brush against his fur.

"If only I could ride you, wouldn't that be fun?" you chuckled, going to the door and pushing it open.

Inside was filled with rows and rows of reaper belongings. Rejected scythes were chained up by Hades' magic; scorching hot fire chains that could melt a reaper's hand if they tried to touch or remove it. Among the rows, was other rejected belongings - demons walked along the area, snarling and growling as they pushed items over the edge and into the magma below. The ground shook slightly as they pushed a large truck over.

Conjuring shades, you slipped it on and shoved your hands into your pockets. Easily slipping past the demons that bared their fangs at you.

Demons and Reapers never got along, the other always trying to one-up another. When a demon was called upon by a human to form a contract, or a sacrificial, a reaper was always close behind. Just like Jack - the one who inspired to become a doctor. If you weren't fast enough, the demon the cult was praising would have devoured his soul.

Stopping your tracks, eyes on the ground - two goat-like hooves appearing in your sight. A long sigh coming from you as you craned your neck to look up at the looming demon. It's teeth pointy and jagged out of its mouth, narrowed red eyes with blood pouring out like endless tears.

It's chest was large and puffing out, narrowing down to a slim waist and large hips; the colours navy and black as its leathery skin - it's shoulders board and arms easily reaching the floor despite its massive height.

"Oh, it's you." You sighed, pushing the shades up by the side and shifted your weight. "Can we hurry this along? I'm busy."

The demon growled lowly. It's chest rumbling slightly as it attacked - yet with fast reflexes, you jumped out of the way, cursing under your breath as your clothes withered away like dying flowers and replaced with your black tattered robes, the hood covering your face; which your skin had melted off in the area around your eyes, jaw, and nose. A mixed between looking human and a Grim Reaper.

Opening your maw, a foggy blue smoke wafted out your mouth as you exhaled. Your arm held out on your sides as your scythe appeared from the bottom to the long curled blade above. With your scythe next to you, it made you appear smaller.