23. Sweetened Coffee

Chapter Summary: You officially start your first week at work.
Red finds the skeleton lady

———————————————————————————

Everybody, except a few who could 'handle' their drinks, had left stumbling on their feet. The aged wine did wonders to monsters, you concluded, shoving a very drunk Stretch off of you and onto his older brother. Blue had apologized ten times, saying that Stretch was never the one to hold his liquor. (Despite being fairly drunk himself)

Red ended up shitface and loudly singing into his fork at the end of the game, Making up lyrics while on the go. Edge was silent for most of the time after the game, watching everything turn into chaos whilst occasionally sipping his own wine. Sans had knocked himself out by trying to lift himself with his magic, Papyrus had to carry him in the end, healing him right up.

Mutt had ended up tripping over his untied shoelaces and ended up giggling on the floor whilst looking up at you and spewing flirtatious comments. Some borderline perverted. Black was sitting next to Edge, glaring at everyone who acted out.

Unfortunately for you, Red joined in on Mutt's comments and said a few provocative comments. That had been the last straw and you kicked anyone out for the night, giving Black that promised bottle of wine as he walked out whilst dragging mutt on the floor - the younger brother had fallen asleep.

Atlas and Ares chose to stay and ..

Well, you were weak to the terrifying monsters. Ares had drunken himself to sleep, while Atlas followed you up the stairs after tucking in his brother and locking the door, he followed you to the bathroom with you changing in the shower, his hand holding yours as he swayed drunkenly, slowly blinking,  You brushed your teeth and went to your bed, the towering monster following after you - you paused at Ares on your bed, pressed against the wall and snorting to himself, you chuckled.

Climbing into bed, you flicked off the light with your magic - long, thick arms wrapped around your waist and pulling you into his chest. Atlas whispered a soft drunken 'goodnight' before going out like his brother.

The next day, your phone blared loudly among the soft chirps and wisps of vehicles driving by. Emitting loud groans from the skeletons wrapped around you. You laughed softly and climbed out of bed. Leaving a thick pillow between the two of them for a substitute and went to change into better clothing for the hot spring day.

Not that the temperature will bother you, it was better to go prepared. Your mind wandered to the skeletons across the street, wondering how their morning went since they drank a lot of Dionysus' wine last night. Although, it may have been your fault - and bits (if not most) of it was Ares.

You snickered softly, returning to your room with two aspirin and two cups of water for both Atlas and Ares. Sneakily leaving the house, you rolled your motorcycle a block away before reviving it and you were off.

Just because they were civilized last night didn't make you friends, you thought. Stopping at a red light. You still didn't like the ones in the first house - they hadn't snooped around because you distracted them with wine and 'activities'.

But what if you hadn't given them any? How pissed would you be if you found either Sans or Stretch missing?

still, you hoped (confusingly) the ones in the second house had fun. Why am I searching for their approval? You wondered, your engine purring beautifully underneath you as you picked up speed and drove to your destination.

Edge acted differently than the way he treated you a few days ago, he wasn't as hostile or.. snappish when addressing you, not that you minded; he was like a puzzle pushed to the dark corners of your closet, waiting to be put together and solved.