Chapter 1

I jolt awake, not remembering falling asleep and go into an instant panic. I scramble to my computer beside me and groan as the screen fails to light up. I jump out of bed and quickly clip the charger in and hurry to get dressed. I pull on my black underwear and bra, usual dark washed skinny jeans, and a simple light blue v-neck with the Converse logo on the front. 

I quickly wash my face and brush my teeth, then quickly pound a light layer of foundation on my face as I look through the papers scattered on my bed, wrinkled from when I fell asleep studying. I put on a quick layer of mascara to make my brown eyes pop from my pale white skin and rush to my computer again. I start to type  with one hand as I carry everything down the stairs in a frenzy to get what I need done. 

I plop everything down on the counter and run to get my shoes on and my backpack while running through the list of things I need to do in my head while my mom, dad and sister silently watch. I stuff everything in my bag and start to type the final few answers to the assignment I didn't finish last night so I can drive myself to school.

"Why do you always do this? You always wait until the last second to do things." My mom asks to me but knows I'm not paying enough attention to answer. I hear the doorbell ring and it snaps me back into reality so I quickly look up at the clock and groan. I need to leave right now or I'll be late and all of this will be for nothing. My mom passes me to answer the door and I hear a familiar voice.

"Hello Ms. Davis, did Belle leave yet?" My head quickly turns to the door and I see my boyfriend Dean. A large smile breaks out on my face and I grab my backpack, laptop and my AC/DC jacket and run to the front.

"Love you bye!" I quickly say to my family "Have a good day!" I shout once I get in Dean's black jeep and throw all my stuff on the floor. I open my laptop and start typing out the answers I haven't finished yet and see Dean saunter to the car and smirk at me while getting in.

"So I guess this means you want a ride?"

"You know I do, please go or we'll be late." I offer a slight smile to cover my panic and annoyed mood.

We drive in a soft silence, with music on low and the rapid clicking of my keyboard as I try to finish.

I sigh once I save my work and close my laptop stuffing it in my backpack and cringe as I hear the loose papers crumbling under the heaviness. I relax in my seat and look over at Dean and smile.

"Thank you for picking me up, I never would have finished my paper in time." I say sweetly and kiss his cheek softly.

He smiles and rests a hand on my thigh while we drive. "No problem baby."

"I assume you finished yours last night?" I say pulling the mirror down and taking my hair out of my braid, letting my long dark brown hair out in their natural curls.

"Yeah, I assume you didn't." He squeezes my thigh playfully.

"It's not my fault, I fell asleep." I pout. "I've not gotten a lot of sleep lately." I mumble and put my hand over his and start to rub his knuckles.

"Why?" He turns his head to me briefly.

"I keep having these weird dreams..." I say ashamed.

"What dreams?" He asks as we pull up to school and grab my backpack from off the floor.

"Let's talk about it later okay? Dr. Jackson will kill me if I'm late." I say and get out once he parks and turn to close the door but stop once I see the concern on his face. I lean in and kiss his lips softly but with love. 

"I love you, and thank you again for driving me." I smile and quickly shut the door and jog to class. I walk in and take my seat just as the bell rings and give a relieved smile to my friend Abigail next to me.