Chapter 2

I lay on my bed with my hands over my head as I try to process what just happened. Am I crazy? Is this another dream?

I grab my laptop and start to look up things about werewolves. I see the usual stuff, silver is their weakness, they have a pack they stay with, they turn during a full moon, yaddah yaddah.

I go into my notes and start to write a list of what I know to find a way to organize my thoughts.

I've known Dean for 6 years.

I love Dean.

Dean is a werewolf.

I stare at my screen and start to laugh at myself. God, I am insane.

I delete my note and frustratingly close my laptop. I run a hand through my hair and decide to just go to sleep. This has felt like one of the longest days of my life and was a rollercoaster.

I turn off my lights and settle into bed, adjusting my 7 pillows in their proper places so I feel secure. I start to count my breaths in my head so my mind doesn't wander off.

1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10...11...12...13...14...15...16...17...18...

I see those electric green eyes I love so dearly. He smiles and pulls me close to him. I smile and hug him, burying my face in his chest comfortably. I close my eyes and when I open them again all I see is brown fur. I step back confused and see a huge wolf in front of me. I scream and back away, preparing myself to run. 

"All he wants to do is keep you safe and love you."

I look around but no one is there. Nothing is there, it's just me in an alarmingly white room.

"Who said that?"

"Trust him as you have since you've known him." I quickly turn as I hear the voice again.

"Who are you?"

"He is hurting without you. He needs you to live, just as you need him." It's a woman's voice, a bit higher pitched but not in an annoying way.

"How do you know that? Where are you?" I question again.

"Keep an open mind and an open heart to him and all who come your way. This is the only way you will truly find happiness."

I shoot up from my bed in a sweat and run my fingers through my hair. I go to my bed stand and drink the cup of water I always keep there. That was such a weird dream. What is happening to me? I feel like I'm going crazy. I look at my phone and groan, of course I woke up 15 minutes before my alarm clock. I groan and get out of bed and start to get ready for school. I do my normal routine, wash my face, brush my teeth, put on light makeup, let my hair out of my braid and get dressed. I decide to wear my lucky Blink 182 v-neck today to hopefully give me some security. I go to grab my jacket but then realize Dean still has it.

I suddenly start to worry about seeing him at school today. Do I say something? Acting normal would be weird right? Should I even go to school? Ugh, I'm already up and put everything on I might as well go. He should be the one feeling weird about this, not me.

I frustratingly walk out of my room and go downstairs to make my toast with peanut butter and make some hot chocolate for myself since I'm early and have the time. I eat my toast,  put my hot chocolate in my turvis, put on my shoes and grab my keys. I get in my car and plug in my aux cord, turning on my Lake Vibes playlist to stay calm. My Sweet Lord by George Harrison starts to play and I smile as I make my way to school. I sway and sing as the song plays loudly through my speakers. I live 2 miles away from my high school, so it only takes that and Tenderness by General Public to play until I pull into my spot. I grab my stuff, put in my headphones and walk into school. I stop by my locker to grab my books for the first couple of periods and head off to class. I keep a weary eye out for Dean, trying to seem casual but my stomach has a million butterflies in it.