one

1|THE HEALER

A humid breeze washed over the barren land, sand brushing up and hitting the busy woman. Asra Blen sat kneeled down beside her small herbal garden, picking different plants to create into medicine. Gardening was hard on the sandy planet but Asra did her best with the help of her guardian, Kuiil. He had taken her in at a young age and raised her, encouraging her dreams to help people by training her as a doctor.

Another large gust of sand hit her as a ship flew over their small home and landed not too far away. Asra found the bounty hunter crazing to be landing so loudly during Blurrg mating season, they were bound to be attacked by one of the sex crazed beasts.

"Kuiil?" She called out to the Ugnaught, watching as he left the tent to find her. She removed the small scarf off her arm and tied her pale blonde hair back out her face.

"Thank you, my dear." Kuiil nodded, going to find his Blurrg who he had tamed. "I'm going to go help them, you stay here."

"It's not like I have anywhere to go." Asra laughed, waving goodbye to her guardian as she collected her basket of herbs and entered the tent.

She quickly got to work crushing up the separate herbs and heating up others. Hearing voices outside the tent, she raised her head and watched as a full armoured man walked in before Kuiil. A Mandalorian.

Standing up and dusting off the leaves and ash from her skirt, Asra waited for the bounty hunter to begin the arrogant and perverted comments at her but instead he hesitated with her presence. With a nod of his head as a greeting, he sat down on one of the limited seats.

"Would you like anything to eat or drink?" Asra politely asked, moving towards where they keep the water.

"No thank you." She jumped slightly at the sound of his smooth, deep voice. Asra grabbed her own drink of water and sat back down, turning one of her plants into a paste.

"What are you doing?" He questioned, watching her curiously. Kuiil re-entered the tent, his eyes darting between the pair with a knowing grin on his lips.

"I'm making a paste which heals cuts." Asra explained to the Mandalorian, smiling as she watched him lean in to get a closer look.

"Many have passed through." Kuiil informed the bounty hunter. "They seek the same one as you."

"Did you help them?" The Mandalorian inquired, noticing how Asra crossed her arms over her chest with a grimace at the mention of the other bounty hunters.

"Yes. They died." The Ugnaught stated casually while pouring himself some tea.

"They deserved it." Asra mumbled, blowing the stray hairs off her face.

"Well then, I don't know if I want your help." The bounty hunter sassed.

"You do." Kuiil said knowingly, his eyes moving to his daughter as she watched the Mandalorian carefully. "I can show you to the encampment."

"What's your cut?"

"Half."

"Half the bounty to guide? Seems steep." The Mandalorian almost scoffed at the price the Ugnaught was wanting.

"No." He shook his head and sat down beside Asra. "Half of the Blurrg you helped capture."

"The Blurrg? You can keep them both." The Mandalorian said with distaste, most likely remembering his struggle with one earlier.

"No, you will need one to ride." Kuiil told him. "The way is impossible to pass without a Blurrg mount."

"I don't know how to ride a Blurrg." He shook his head and glanced at Asra as she tried to muffle her giggles.

"Asra, dear. Please show the Mandalorian the pen." Asra perked up her head at the sound of her name and nodded, walking out the tent with the bounty hunter close behind.

"I advice trying to ride that one over there, she is quite tame." Asra pointed at one in a pen close to them. She stood close by, watching as he got thrown about by the Blurrg.

"She is the most angriest one." Kuiil quizzed, observed his daughter carefully.

"I know, I just want to see how skilled this Mandalorian is." She smirked to herself. "Is he really as amazing as they say they are."

"We will soon see." The pair went back to seeing the Mandalorian get thrown around like he weighed nothing.

"Perhaps if you remove your helmet." Kuiil suggested, knowing full well that a Mandalorian can never take off their helmet in front of another living thing.

"Perhaps he remembers I tried to roast him." The Mandalorian stumbled back on his feet to try again.

"This is a female." He educated the man. "The males are all eaten during mating."

"I don't have time for this." The Mandalorian grumbled as he was thrown off again, approaching the two. "Do you have a Landspeeder or a Speeder Bike that I could hire?"

"You are a Mandalorian!" The Ugnaught snapped. "Your ancestors rode the great Mythosaur. Surely you can ride this young foal."

Something inside the bounty hunter must have clicked as he calmly approached the Blurrg this time, trying to settle the wild beast. Then he  successfully managed to mount the Blurrg causing Asra to let out a "wow" as she leaned forwards on the fence.

Asra waved off her guardian and the Mandalorian before going back to her garden and placing a protective sheet over it as she could sense a storm coming.