seven

7|THE FARMERS

The Mandalorian, his healer and the child sat around the circular table listening to Cara Dune talk.

"Saw most of my action mopping up after Endor. Mostly Ex-Imperial Warlords." Cara explained who she was. "They wanted it fast and quiet. They'd send us in on the drop ships. No support, just us. Then when the Imps were gone, the politics started. We were peacekeepers, protecting delegates, suppressing riots. Not what I signed up for."

"How'd you end up here?" Mando asked curiously, wondering how an ex-shock trooper ended up on such an isolated planet.

"Let's just call it an early retirement." She shrugged. "Look, I knew you were Guild. I figured you had a fob on me. That's why I came at you so hard."

"Yeah, that's what I figured."

"You kicked his ass." Asra laughed, winking teasingly at the bounty hunter. "You're gonna need to teach me a few of those moves."

"I will if you ever come back and, well, this has been a real treat, but unless you wanna go another round, one of us is gonna have to move on, and I was here first." Cara Dune stood up from the table and nodded a farewell before leaving the hut.

"Well, looks like this planet's taken." Mando sighed, standing up from the table. Asra put her hand on his, giving him a reassuring smile.

"We will find somewhere." They continued to look st each other, their hearts beating loud and hands still connected. The child cooed loudly causing them to snap out of their moment.

The Mandalorian led them back to the ship, happy his helmet was hiding his hot cheeks. Asra was not so lucky, her head was lowered to hide the bright blush.

"I'm going to fix up the ship, can you look after the child?" He questioned, grabbing his supplies.

"Of course but are you going to be okay, it's getting dark." She picked the child up and stood on the ramp, about to enter the ship.

"I'll be fine."

"Excuse me. Excuse me, sir." Asra perked her head up at the sound of a new voice outside the Razor Crest.

"There something I can help you with?" She heard Mando responded, calming her heart as his voice meant he was not hurt. She stopped playing with the Child and put him in the bedroom. Asra stood at the top of the ramp, watching two men try and talk to the Mandalorian.

"Uh, yeah. Raiders." One man nodded nervously.

"We have money." The other offered, holding up a small pouch.

"So, you think I'm some kinda mercenary?" Mando did not even face them, he was busy still fixing the ship.

"You are a Mandalorian, right?"

"Or at least wearing Mandalorian armor." The conversation between  the two men went back and forth as question after question was asked. "That is Mandalorian armor, right?"

"It is."

"See? I told him. Sir, I've read a lot about your people...tribe." The second man continued on. "If half of what I read is true-"

"We have money." The first one cut his friend off, almost on his hands and knees begging the bounty hunter.

"How much?"

"Everything we have, sir." They answered. "Our whole harvest was stolen. Krill."

"We're krill farmers." One explained who they were. Asra's heart broke when she heard they were just farmers being raided by people invading their land. "We brew spotchka."

"Our whole village chipped in."

"It's not enough." Mando argued, heading for the ramp. His steps slowed as he spotted Asra glaring at him, her hands on her hips.

"Are you sure? You don't even know what the job is." The farmer tried once more, even turning their pleading looks to the healer.

"I know it's not enough. Good luck." As Mando began to pass her, Asra grabbed his bicep, stopping him.

"This is everything we have. We'll give you more after the next harvest." One of the farmers dragged his friend always, sighing sadly.

"Come on. Let's head back. Took us the whole day to get here. Now we have to ride back with no protection to the middle of nowhere." He complained, going back to their trailer.

"Where do you live?" She questioned loudly, stopping the two men.

"On a farm. Weren't you listening?" One snapped, both turning to face her and the Mandalorian. "We're farmers."

"In the middle of nowhere?" Mando suddenly realised where Asra was thinking.

"Yes."

"You have lodging?"

"Yeah. Absolutely." The other farmer chimed, realising they had convinced the Mandalorian to help.

"Good. Come up and help." Quickly the farmers helped Asra and the Mandalorian to put supplies in the trailer, Asra lifting all the light ones as Mando would also swoop in and grab the heavy ones before she picked them up. "I'm gonna need one more thing. Give me those credits."

As the Mandalorian left to recruit Cara Dune, Asra began asking the farmers about Krill and Spotchka. She made sure the Razor Crest was completely turned off and locked tightly before turning around with the Child in her arms to spot Mando and Cara emerging from the trees.