epilogue

30|FINAL

"You've finally returned to me, my Queen." A dark voice echoed from the shadows as Asra raised to her feet.

"Who are you?" She demanded, her voice shaking as she spoke. She wrapped her arms around her body as a cool breeze swept over her.

"I'm the darkness you feel seeping through your skin and poisoning your blood." It said, growing louder as it came closer. "You ran from me before but I will always be inside your heart, I will always find you."

"Who are you?" Asra repeated, stopping when she saw the dark form in the shadows.

"I don't have a name or a face, I take shape in the one thing you love the most." Din emerged from the shadows, his armour and helmet cast aside as he wore all black. She recognised his voice which became clear as she saw his face. "I will break you from the inside out and you, my Queen, will never be able to run from me again."

"Asra?" The healer sat up quickly in cold sweats, clutching her heart as she tried to calm her breathing. "What's wrong?"

"Din?" Asra whispered, looking up and spotting the man crouched beside her, his face covered by his helmet.

"I'm here, what's wrong? What happened?" He questioned, stroking her hair away from her face.

"The darkness is coming for me." She stated grimly. "You are my darkness. I saw your face."

"What do you mean?"

"I saw you in my dream." She sobbed, hiding her face in her hands. "You are going to die and it's by my hand."

Thank you so much everyone who has enjoyed this story and stuck through it all. I really appreciate all the love that you have all given me while writing this story and I hope you enjoy the ending.