eleven

11|DIN DJARIN

It had been a month since the small war and everything had gone back to normal. The village was busy, farmers going back to harvesting and children running around having fun.

Asra sat by Cara's outstretched legs, both happily sipping on Spotchka while Mando stood by them, watching the Child as it played with the other children.

"Can I set you something in the house?" Omera asked Mando as she stepped out the hut and smiled at the three.

"Uh, thank you. Maybe later." He stammered, feeling awkward about the sudden kindness directed at him.

"I'm going to go check on the injured." Asra excused herself, happily letting Mando help her to her feet. She smiled at him gently, staring at each other for longer than they were meant to. It was not until Cara coughed teasingly that they pulled away from each other.

"I'll see you two later." The healer wandered off to find her new patients, most healed perfectly except a few coming in with minor farming accidents.

She was in the middle of knotting a bandage when she heard the gun shot go off, her thoughts immediately going to Mando or the Child. Making sure the patient was good, Asra ran out the hut and found Mando looking for her.

"Are you okay? Is the child okay?" She rushed out, placing her hands on both sides of his helmet so he would face her.

"We are fine, take the Child and hide in the barn." He told her, picking up the child and placing it into her arms. "Go."

Asra held the child close and hid in the barn, tensely sat on the bed with the child bouncing on her lap. Her head twisted around sharply st the sound of someone entering the barn.

"What happened?" She jumped up and placed the child gently on their bed as it yawned before walking up to him, her hands resting on his chest plate.

"A bounty hunter." He began, resting his hands on her hips and pulling her close. "He had a FOB on the child."

"We have to leave?" He nodded his head slowly, glancing over her shoulder to look at the child. Its soft snores filled the barn earning a giggle from Asra. "I want to kiss you."

"Close your eyes." Following his command, Asra closed her eyes and heard the familiar sound of hissing as he removed his helmet and dropped it to the ground.

She gasped as he grabbed her face and passionately placed his lips on hers and backed her up against the wall. Her hands gripped his hair as she pulled him closer. His lips moved down her neck before he pulled away and rested his head on her shoulder, sighing contentedly.

"I know you are not allowed to tell me about yourself or let me see you as it's your way of life but..." Asra hesitated for a moment, her hand stopping mid motion from stroking his hair. "Can I know your name?"

"Din Djarin." He whispered against her skin as his lips travelled back up her neck, their lips connecting.

"Thank you." He placed a gentle kiss on her forehead before she heard him putting his helmet back on. His gloved hand stroked her cheek as her eyes fluttered open. His heart skipped a beat when he saw her smile.

"Pack your things, we need to leave quickly before more come." The Mandalorian let her go and watched as she packed up their things and woke up the child, kissing its head with love.

"Are you sure you don't want an escort?" Cara joked as the farmers helped the bounty hunter finish loading the trailer.

"I appreciate the offer, but we're gonna bypass the town and head right to the Razor Crest." Mando informed her, putting a box down and turning around to face the two women.

"Well then, until our paths cross." The ex-shock trooper raised her hand to say good bye.

"Until our paths cross." He placed his hand in her and they gave a friendly shake good bye.

"You know you want a hug." Asra laughed as she opened her arms to the woman.

"Only for you." Cara grumbled and wrapped her arms around the petit blonde woman, the two saying quiet words of advice before letting go.

The Mandalorian helped her into the trailer before jumping in behind her, both watching the child lean over the edge wanting to be with the children.

"I'm gonna miss you so much." Winta ran up to the child and hugged it tightly, the scene breaking Asra's heart.

The pair and their adopted child waved good bye to the small farming village and stayed silent on their way back to the Razor Crest, all to upset about having to leave their safe haven and going back to running away.