fourteen

14|HIDING

Asra stretched her arms above her as she slowly sat up, eyes darting around the room. The memories of what had happened sunk in, her hand touching the back of her head to find the wound.

She hissed as she touched the bandaged Mando had placed on the small wound. Sighing loudly as she remembered she left her healer bag in the control room.

Asra stumbled off the bed and gained her balance before wandering towards the control room where she knew Mando and the Child would be.

"Hi." She mumbled, watching as the pair both twisted around to face the sudden voice.

"How are you feeling?" Mando asked her, putting the Razor Crest on autopilot and turning fully around to talk to her. The Child cooed when it saw her, its arms raising as it whined to be lifted.

"Like I want to break that assholes dick." She growled, laughing lightly as she saw the Mandalorian flinch at her remark. Asra lifted the child up and placed it on her lap as she sat down. "Could you please help me with the wound?"

"Of course." He shuffled in his chair before standing up and grabbing her bag.

"You need to splash the would with this clear liquid before putting this green paste on." She walked him through how to clean her wound, her head hung low as the Child played with her lose hair. "Then bandage it up like normal."

He removed his gloves and began to follow her instructions perfectly, the clean white bandage wrapped tightly around her head. Mando moved away, allowing her to raise her head to look at him.

"Like that?"

"Yes, thank you." Asra whispered her reply, watching him through her lashes as her heart beat quickend.

"An old acquaintance of mine contacted me asking if I wanted a job." Mando started up a casual conversation as he reluctantly moved away from her to sit back down.

"And you accepted?" He nodded his head once and watched as she played with the Child, bouncing it up and down on her knees.

"Yes."

"You're hesitating." She hummed, glancing away from the child briefly.

"I want you to stay on the ship, hidden with the child." Mando informed her. Asra sighed but voiced her understanding before going back to playing with the Child.

As Mando landed the ship on the small moving garage, he helped the healer and the child to get in the small bedroom.

"Take it." He pushed the blaster closer to her as she hesitated to take the weapon.

"What about you?" Asra asked, meekly grabbing the blaster and placing it beside her.

"I have other blasters."

"I'm worried." He placed a hand on her cheek and made her look at him, his thumb stroking away her stray tears. "Don't die."

"I won't."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

•~•

Asra could hear the muffled voices become louder and loud bangs. She instinctively grabbed the blaster beside her and pushed the Child behind her, preparing for the worst.

Suddenly the door quickly slid open and she was greeted by a stranger. The healer raised her blaster and places it against the mans head, ignoring everyone else's weapons.

"Where is Mando?" Asra demanded, stepping out the small compartment and shutting the door behind her so they did not see the child.

"I'm here." The Mandalorian stepped forwards and grabbed her arm, lowering it. He glanced at the others and waited for them to lower their weapons too.

"Wait...you two are together?" The gunner chuckled, eyes moving to look at the pair.

"Something like that." Mando grumbled, double checking the door was closed and dragging Asra away from the strangers to talk to her. "Is it still safe and hidden?"

"Yes, I don't think they saw." Asra smiled slightly, trying to give him back his blaster.

"Keep it and keep your eyes open, I don't trust anyone." The pair nodded to each other in their own understanding and stepped away to face the rest of the group.

"Dropping out of hyperspace now. Commencing final approach, now. Cloaking signal, now." A robotic voice spoke over the speakers as the ship came to a sudden stop, throwing everyone forwards. "Engaging coupling now. Coupling confirmed. We are down. And relax."

"I'm okay." Asra reassured her bounty hunter as he helped her back on to her feet.

"Useless droid didn't even give us a proper countdown." The only other female, a twi'lek, growled.

"Z, are you sure they can't see us?" The man who held a gun to her asked the droid. Asra stretched as she knew what was about to come, trying not to make it obvious that she was staring at the compartment the Child was still hiding in.

"The Razor Crest is scrambling our signature and I am inside the prison system." Zero, the droid, answered the man in charge. "It's impressive that this gunship had survived the Empire without being impounded."

"All right, we got a job to do. Mando, you're up." One by one they each dropped down on to the prison ship below them, weapons raised and ready.