o n e

August finally arrived, and students crowded Diagon Alley as they prepared for the upcoming school year. Hermione joined everyone at the Burrow after having to convince her parents it was safe to return to Hogwarts, and Harry suddenly appeared the night before his birthday thanks to Dumbledore. Together, the upcoming sixth years went to get fitted for their final set of robes before meeting Ginny at Fred and George's joke shop.

"It's magnificent," Alexandra smiled, explaining as many details as she could remember from when Fred gave her a tour earlier in the summer.

"I forgot you two went on a date," Ron said, pretending to throw up. Alexandra laughed.

"It wasn't a date, silly. Just two friends enjoying their calm together before the storm," she explained.

"Right," he questioned, changing the subject. "It's about time I got new robes. Mine have been falling apart at the seems."

"Aren't your parents giving you Fred and George's now that they're not at school?" Hermione asked, ruining his hopes and dreams of getting his own robes for once.

"You've just got to go and ruin everything, don't you?" He asked, making Hermione and Alex laugh. The four approached Madame Malkin's Robes for All Occasions when Harry and Ron immediately began looking through the Quidditch robes. Hermione went to use the loo, and Alexandra went to check the line for fittings. She was surprised there wasn't a line, and she was more surprised to see who was currently being fitted.

After initiations, Draco truly learned the identities of all Death Eaters. He was certainly surprised to see two specific people; two people that were supposed to be dead. Now, he couldn't look Alexandra in the eyes knowing her parents have been alive this whole time. In confidence, his mother explained to him how Dumbledore erased their memories of Alexandra and placed false memories of their deaths in Alexandra's head. No longer having a child to hold them back, Lucius was able to convince the two to join the Death Eaters upon Voldemort's return six years ago.

"Alexandra, darling, how have you been?" Narcissa asked, her motherly instincts kicking in. With Lucius gone, she felt slightly more free. Alexandra was like the daughter she always wanted, and she knew Draco had a spot in his heart for her as well. Neither of them could admit that around Lucius, though, in fear of being punished seeing as she's a blood traitor in his eyes.

"I've been well. And yourself?" Alexandra asked. Her heart always ached for Narcissa, knowing she had little control over her life when Lucius was around. She was an extraordinarily strong woman, but he was stronger. Alexandra was glad she had this short moment to catch up with her. She would always remember when Narcissa sent her belongings to the Burrow little by little by floo, having to do so when nobody was around. She took great risk to ensure Alexandra had clothes on her back after being banished even when she was living with the Weasleys. To this day, the Weasleys still don't know Alexandra ever lived at the Manor or that she knew Draco before arriving at Hogwarts. It was a secret that would only be revealed when necessary, if necessary at all.

"Very well, thank you. I hear you're excelling in your classes. Your parents would be very proud," Narcissa smiled, herself and Draco unaware that Alexandra knew the truth.

"Thank you," Alexandra smiled. She made eye contact with Draco for a moment, and noticed he was frowning slightly rather than the straight face or dirty look he always held. Quickly, Draco stepped off of the stool, dropping his robes on the ground before walking away. Narcissa frowned, knowing exactly why he was upset. She sighed, thanking the tailor.

"It was wonderful seeing you," she smiled before following her son through the shop.

"There you are. I picked out some robes for you," Hermione smiled, approaching Alexandra. "Are you alright? I saw Malfoy. He looked rather upset. Did he say anything to you?"

"No," Alexandra answered, staring off towards where he exited. "Not at all."

"Do you think he's a Death Eater?" Hermione asked, matching her friend's stare. "Harry is sure, but I can't see Draco wanting to-"

"Harry should mind his business," Alexandra answered, her voice slightly faltering. Hermione took notice, deciding not to mention it once Harry and Ron arrived. 

"How dashing do I look in these?" Ron asked, spinning around in the new quidditch robes he found. Hermione laughed, causing Harry and Alexandra to look at each other. They have been suspecting for a while now that the two fancy each other. At this point, they were betting on how long it would take them to get together.

"Very dashing, Ron."