Fires of a New Time

Ukraines Pov:

As the car flips over and lands, what used to be a top smoking and flaming. I wake up again, clawing at the shredded thing that use to be my seatbelt, and struggling with Americas, and as I click it, he shakes his head awake. Pulling the torn fabric away from his body, I push myself out of the shattered window, glass littering the floor.

I limp over to his door and pull him out, pulling him to his feet we start to run towards our destination, a the city a couple miles away. As we run down the road, shaking out battered heads and bodies, I gently pull America along, his leg giving out a couple of times as we try and escape the burning wreckage. Slinging his arm over my shoulder, we make our way down the road, cuts screaming as the blood slowly drips. We make it a mile or two down the road before I hear something coming. Turing around, I shield America with my body, as two more Raptor-Like creatures hop out of the undergrowth. One green and yellow with red petal-like markings near its eye, and the other, a blue and white one, with a marking on its side, covered in claw marks.

I look at both of them, and notice that they are both thin, and covered in scars and marks. I gasp, and hold a hand out to them, for which one growls and takes a step back.

"Shh, it's ok, we mean no harm to you, or your home county. Can you show us where Canada is?" I say gently, as if talking to a skittish dog, or cat. Not an ancient prehistoric creature, I the shape of the country I love.

The green and yellow one makes a chittering noise, and presses it's snout to my hand. I sigh again.

"Thank you, my friend. Could... could one of you stay here and guard him? He's Canada's brother, and he's hurt." I respond, looking at the more skittish one, with the blue and white. It dips it's head, and I gently slings his arm over its back.

"Ok, show me Canada, please, I don't think he will be ok for much longer." I say to the green one, looking into it's deep eyes, before it takes off, and I follow it.

I follow it deep into the dark forest, the light of the noon sun, dissipates quickly, into the cool, lush greenery.

My eyes scan the underbrush for it, before following it deeper, the path it makes, clear and straight.

Sprinting into the growth, my legs growing tired as the forest grows darker, thicker, quieter. The leaves above me grow in number, and they grow wider and thicker.

I shiver slightly, not from the cold, but from the feeling of something watching me, other than the providence who's name I cannot remember.

I call out into the dark forest. "Canada? Are you here?"

All I get back, is the noise of shifting leaves, and the vicious crack of a stick being broken.

Then, I enter a clearing in the wood, the floor dappled by sunlight, but only moss and small flowers grow. I take one step inside, and feel the eyes on me grow in number, as more shadowy figures watch me.

Then, one steps out of the darkness so I can see it better, as-well as the leaf pattern on its face, and it's deep green eyes, filled with happiness and fear.

I take a step forward, and drop to my knees, my ankle finally giving out from earlier.
Canada lunches forward, faster than normal in this primal state, catching name gently with his head, he lays me down gently as I whimper in pain from my wounds finally catching up to me.

The adrenaline finally rushes out of my bloodstream, and I lay there limply, at the mercy of this feral version of the country who I fell in love with.

I manage to say a few words, before passing out.
"Canada, your back. I missed you so much."

Then my eyes roll back into my head, and I pass out.

687 words

My guys, its FINALLY here after a few LONG months, I have the energy to finish a new chapter.

-Clair (New name, new times)