Please let me stay

Fiona ran as fast as she could in her dress to check on her younger brother who was coughing hard and even some blood came out. "Alastor could you please call Doctor Stein? He must be at the party too. I have seen him before.", she begged him to call Dr. Stein. Who was also from Germany like her and the family's most trusted doctor. It didn't take long until Dr. Stein arrived to check on Erik, who was still coughing blood and having a fever. The doctor carried the boy into his room and said that no one was allowed to enter until he finished. Her mother did run the stairs up after she heard what happened and wanted to know what was wrong with her son. Mary did follow right after her mother. Fiona stood there and didn't know what to do. Alastor gave her a bit of company. He wasn't sure what to say or what he could do so that Fiona felt a bit better. They all waited in the hallway until the doctor came out. "Mame it's best if you all take this medicine for the next 3 months.", he was very serious and her mother got even more worried. "What? Why? I don't understand.", she said crying and Fiona tried to calm her down with Mary. "Your son has tuberculosis and I'm not sure if he will make it.", he had to tell her the bitter truth. Her mother cried and screamed but then she fainted and the Doctor had to take care of the Madam now too. Also, Fiona was shocked about this news and didn't understand how this is even possible. "Why does it have to happen when it's Christmas.", Fiona thought to herself and took care of her mother. Alastor was with her and helped her with her mother. "You don't have to do this.", she said to him. "It's ok for me. This is also a lot for one day.", he said and sit next to her. Her stepfather was angry that her brother's sickness did ruin the party. Everyone left earlier than they should. Now the reporters started to question him how he does feel about this situation and so on.

The doctor didn't allow them to look after Erik and that a nurse will now take care of him 24h each day. At that time Fiona was worrying about her brother. She was meeting Alastor many times the next weeks just to have some other thoughts. She didn't want to think of her brother maybe dying. It was not the right time and Erik was still so young with his 10 years. Fiona liked to have a talk with Alastor, it helped her a bit to cheer up and to know him even better than before. "Thank you for listening to my problems and so on. You're a true friend.", she said with a smile on her lips. She didn't want to smile but she couldn't stop her own habit. "I hope I don't bother you or so.", she was a bit worried that she makes him overbored or so. "No, it's ok. I like to talk with you because I have no one who would even listen.", he said while he also smiled. Fiona didn't understand but also didn't dare to ask him about it. "My mother died when I was still young and my father was a drunk head. So I didn't have any friends or so.", he told her and she was suddenly holding his hand. Both were sitting on a bench. The snow was laying on the ground it also was very cold outside. Fiona also had to go back to school. A lot of people did look at them with disbelieve and that a young unmarried lady shouldn't talk alone with a man. But the red-haired lady didn't care about it and was happy to find someone who does also understand her. But somehow she had the feeling that he doesn't trust her completely. It was like there is something that he doesn't want to tell her. She wasn't going to force him to tell her what is on his mind. It's his choice if he wants to talk about it or not. Before they could even continue to talk, one of Alastor's co-workers did call for him and that his break is now over. "Excuse me, dear but smees like I have to go back to work.", he apologized to her. "It's ok. We will see each other another time if possible.", she said while waving their farewells. She looked after him and even he was already not anymore to be seen she was still looking at the direction he left. Then she had to head back to the Girls School before she gets in trouble. The girls there did somehow find out that her brother was sick and question her how he is and if he will survive. She tried her best to not scream at them and that this is not their business. Even the teachers in her school asked her about it but she wouldn't tell them a thing. The old women who were her teachers only wanted something to gossip about and the same goes for the girls in her class. Fiona had the urgent feeling to leave the school and go back home just to be there for her mother and sister which also had a hard time. She felt so useless and that she failed to be a good sister.