19: Jimin

The YG building is too boujee for its own good. It’s disguised as a fucking cigar lounge of all things. It’s like Minsuk wants to NIS to find them out. 

It smelled like burning grass and booze. No one could possibly see through the clouds of smoke and fog. I’m sure I’m going to get cancer from all the second hand smoke. 

These assholes sitting in the lounge are owners of fortune 500 companies, discussing things like auctions and first wives. Everything superficial thing in the world that is taken so damn seriously with them. It all makes me want to choke. 

Minsuk sat in the back by himself, smoking a fresh cigar. I did a fake smoker cough as I sat across from him. He tapped his lunk of COPD over the ash trash and dumped the tar onto it. 

Minsuk: Nice to see that you could make it. You want a smoke?

Me: No thanks. 

Minsuk: How have you been, Jimin? 

Me: You saw me two days ago. Cut the shit.

Minsuk: Would it kill you to be friendly? 

Me: Yes. You called me for a reason. What do you want? 

Minsuk: First, I would like the thank you for accepting our offer. We are going to be great friends. 

Me: We will as long as you keep your end of the deal. 

Minsuk: I understand. Jooeun won’t lose as much as a hair on that curly head of hers. 

Me: Are you this bold to meet me alone? If you know everything about me you would be smarter than that. 

Minsuk: I’m not alone. You can’t see them, but we are surrounded. You think I would meet the infamous Park Jimin without backup? Now tell me what I want to know. 

Me: They have Teddy. At the Manilva. Ground floor. 

Minsuk: We’ve been scoping the Manilva for years, there is no ground floor. 

Me: Yes there is. It’s not in the floor plan. There is a very small chip for a staff key under the emergency buttons in the back elevator. It will take you down there. 

Minsuk: It won’t activate without a staff key? 

Me: No. You’ll have to steal one from one of the seven of us. 

Minsuk: Well hand it over.

Me: That’s not the deal. You can figure out how to get in. Now I’m pretty sure that’s all. 

Minsuk: Sit back down, Jimin. I’m not done yet.

Me: What? Nothing is happening everyone is hanging low from another hit. 

Minsuk: Word on the street is that you guys are thinking about moving Namjoon. Where is he going? 

Me: That I know nothing about. If they were to move him the best bet is his beach house in Miami. That’s his favorite safe house. 

Minsuk: And about TOP? 

Me: What about TOP? 

Minsuk: Well where is he? 

Me: He’s been dead for weeks. 

Minsuk: I know that. Who killed him? 

Me: I don’t know. 

Minsuk: Don’t fuck with me Jimin. Who killed him? 

I know I might look like a total ass right now, but you can think about ethics later. If there is a choice between me and Yoongi, I already know who I’m choosing. 

Me: Yoongi. Min Yoongi. 

Minsuk: Did he have help?

Me: *lying* No. Just Yoongi. 

Minsuk: *smirking* You’re not just saying this to get your girl are you? 

Me: No. It was just him. 

Minsuk: Where can I find Yoongi? 

Me: The convenience store on the upper east side. He’s surrounded by Namjoon’s hit men. It’s impossible to get in undetected. 

Minsuk: Then how did TOP get in? 

Me: No idea. Maybe between shifts. You’d have to stake out.  

Minsuk: Mhm. You’re an interesting character, Jimin. You would sell out your friends just like that. 

Me: It’s nothing personal. It’s just business. 

Minsuk: It just makes me wonder. Can I trust you? 

Me: No. You can’t. 

Minsuk: Before you go, take this. It’s a key to a condo in Seoul. Use it for a safe house if you need it. Address is 4983, Thread Hill Avenue. Apartment 1844. You got me? There is room for both you and your girl. 

Me: Is that it then? I prefer not to get anymore tar in my lungs. 

Minsuk: You should know though, I have a guy watching your girl. I’d rather you not tell her about it. 

Me: I thought I told you to leave her out of this. 

Minsuk: Relax, Chim. Relax. It’s just a guard per say. 

Me: You better pray that guard doesn’t get caught. If she sees him she might kill him. 

Minsuk: Don’t leave yet. 

Me: For fucks sake, what now? 

Minsuk: I suggest you stay low like the rest of them. Blend in with the crowd. 

Me: Yeah, no shit.

Minsuk: When would you say is a good time to move in on Yoongi? 

Me: You can’t make a move on him. Jooeun lives there. 

Minsuk: It’s babygirl’s fault if she gets caught in the crossfire. 

Me: *growling* We have a fucking deal. She doesn’t get hurt. Not even a scratch. Break it and I’ll blow your whole shit up. 

Minsuk: Easy now.

Me: No, I’m not fucking with you Minsuk.  Don’t fucking touch her. 

Minsuk: I heard you, Jimin.

Me: If you make a move on Yoongi, it’s by my call. Or my work for you is done. 

Minsuk: Then, what do you suggest we do? 

Me: I’ll say when I’m ready. Can I leave now? 

He nodded my dismissal with the cigar still hanging from his mouth. His lips curved into a sneery smile and puffed a cloud of grey smoke into the air.