Chapter 2: Trust

Today's the day, not only am I getting those aliens I was promised, but Dad told me that he'll add an extra alien if I can show that I'm "worthy"

An alarm is heard, ow, "DAD IT'S LOUD"
"THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF ALARMS, DINGUS!"
"JUST SHUT UP BRAT!"
There, put Gwen in her place, now to find out why this alarm exists.
"Dad, what's up?"
"The roof"
Damn, he's doing dad jokes in the middle of a plumber's code red alarm
"Now listen Kenny, you stay back here, I'll go deal with... Him!"
"But Dad, you never let me do anything, or fight anyone, what's the point? Why can't I just go spanner then?"

Dad sighs, he looks like he's about to apologize, but can't
"Listen Kenny, I'm just worried about your safety. These bad guys, they're getting harder for us to handle"
"But Daaaad..."
"No buts"

It didn't matter what he said, I transformed into XLR8 and took the long way around so he doesn't see me.

I redded out behind a building as I overheard Kevin and Father talking.

"Why am I not surprised?"
"Hahaha, surprised to see me Tennyson?"
"I quite literally said I am not."

There I saw Dad, face to face with Kevin, again. It was always the same to me, Kevin transforms, Dad beats him up, yeets him into the null void, for him to escape once again.

"You realize I don't enjoy this... at all... ever... right?"
"speak for yourself" Kevin exclaims, and lunges at dad ready for a blow, he looks, determined, different.

My dial timed in, Dad got some master hacker to install parental controls and a stronger anti-hacking measures. But there's no time for chitchat -- I slammed my omnitrix hard and fast.

I felt the energy through me, could it be? I looked at my arms and my hair, the description of what I heard fit what I was witnessing, there was absolutely no frickin' way!

End of Chapter 2