The New Kid

I was the new kid.

I had black and white hair. The black part was long and draped over my face. The white blonde bit was slightly shaven.

I usually wore black skinny jeans with a studded belt.

I would wear any random t-shirt that fell out of my wardrobe and I would always wear a black hoodie.

As I walked through the new long corridors I got stared at. They presumably thought I was the emo kid. No surprise there really.

As I kept walking I passed a group of what they call jocks. They gave me horrible looks and I could see they were talking about me, I hung my head back down to the floor and picked up the pace, I don't want trouble on the first day I want it to be over and done with already. All of a sudden I felt something hit my side, hard, they shoved me straight into a bunch of lockers causing me to fall to the hard cold floor.

As I shakily pulled myself up from the cold marble looking floor, I looked back and they were laughing at me. I ignored it, stood up, dusted of my jeans, flipped my hood back over my head and shoved my hands into my pockets, I then proceeded on waking to class.

As I got to what seemed like a giant never ending classroom door, I took a deep breath turned the cold silver door handle and I walked in and guess what all eyes were on me, not what I wanted at all.

The teacher, with a kind look on her face said,

"Can I help you?"

I replied with a slight stutter,

"I'm the new kid, Frank"

She pointed to an empty seat and said,

"Take a seat and turn to page 394 please"

I sat down and threw my rucksack onto the floor underneath the desk, I grabbed the book that was in front of me 'How to Kill and Mocking Bird, didn't look very exciting. I slouched back into my seat and listened to the teacher read a passage from the book.

The classroom door opened and a boy entered. He was a bit chunky, had long black silky hair, wore black jeans and a black hoodie, I didn't see his face all that clearly due to his hair being in front of it but I got this strange flutter feeling in my stomach, I sat right up in my seat and had a quick look around the new classroom to make sure no one actually saw me do that.

He lent over the teachers desk and handed her a piece of paper. I just couldn't keep my eyes off of him who was he?!
The teacher nodded back to him and placed the piece of paper onto her desk and continued to read from the book.

The boy walked out of the room, I couldn't help but watch his every move, his eyes then fixated on me. I quickly looked down at my desk as if I was interested in the book I had in front of me. I heard the door close as he left and had a quick sneak peek to see if he were gone.

I smiled a small smile to myself. He was gorgeous, of what I saw of him. But would I ever see him again? I hope so.

It seemed like as if I had zoned out daydreaming, most likely about him. The teacher was reading a poem now, so I glanced down to a handout that had been placed onto my desk, one part caught my eye and said this,

"Hung on a wall like a mirror.

Reflecting only what people want to see."

I thought to myself. It was like it was trying to say that no matter what this person does everyone else wanted them to be different. That really spoke to me in so many ways than others.

The bell rang and there was a roar of scraping legs chairs against the floor.

The teacher shouted above the noise,

"Don't forget to do the essay on the poem!"

The class moaned as they walked out of the room. I sighed and stepped out of the now empty class room.

Everyone just wanted to make fun of me instead of be friends with me.

I just moved here. My house was about a 20 minute walk from here. So not far. I didn't live with my mum I lived with my dad.

I moved away from my her to be with my dad in a different part of Jersey.

I wasn't really paying attention to where I was going and I bumped into someone. Books and paper flew everywhere.

I knelt down to help this person pick up their books. I looked up and our eyes met.

Those hazel eyes. A sight I could never forget.