Together

Gerard let out a sigh and threw himself backward onto my bed.

I smiled and jumped off the windowsill and sat onto my double bed. Just enough room to squeeze the both of us on.

He wouldn't stop smiling at me. I laughed. He said,

"What you laughing at?"

I said,

"Nothing"

He raised an eyebrow and then let the moment pass.

We both lay down on the bed. Side by side. I turned over facing him and said,

"So, tell me more about you"

He turned over to face me, placed his hand under his head and said,

"Ok. Well my room is the darkest room you will step foot in. It has one little window that lets in the smallest beam of light in every now and then. I like to read a draw comic books and just draw in general.

Before I met you my only friend was my brother. His name is Mikey. He's not always the happiest chap. But hey he's Mikey."

He laughed. I didn't really know what he meant by the Mikey thing but hey, I may find out.

"Anyway yeah me and my brother get along better than any other siblings would. He's a year above you and I don't know what I would do without him to be honest. I think you'd get along great!"

He finished, and seemed to zone out for a second.

I moved closer towards him on the bed and rested my head on his shoulder. He smiled and welcomed me. He wrapped his arms around me and we cuddled.

He played with my hair as we hugged. We didn't talk much as we didn't need words. It was perfect silence.

I know that we hadn't known each other for long but, it felt like I knew him. It felt like I can be anything and anyone around him and all I knew was that I really did love him.

As he played with my hair, I started to drift off. He was so comforting I fell asleep. Before I did I felt him stop playing with my hair. I think he fell asleep too.

***

I woke up at 3:00am I was still in Gerard's arms. I panicked a bit as I was unaware of my surroundings, and shot up disturbing Gerard. I scared him and I scared myself. He asked,

"What's wrong? What's the time?"

I looked at my alarm clock and said,

"Holy shit! It's 3:00am! What about your parents?"

He didn't seem as shocked as I was. He said,

"Don't worry, I don't come home some nights they're used to it."

I nodded and got up. Gerard was still laying there. I said,

"My dad should be back maybe he left us? I'm just gonna go check"

He agreed and slumped back onto the bed whilst I walked out of my bedroom door and across the hallway into my dads room. I knocked on the door there was no answer.

So I walked in.

My dad didn't come back.

I assumed he had gone to his girlfriends house. So I strolled back into my room and sat on the edge of my bed. I looked over to Gerard and he had fallen asleep.

He looked like an angel when he slept. I could watch him forever and I would never find a better sight.

I lent back, turned over to face him and went to sleep.

It was the weekend, so we had no school to be up for the next day, so I guess this was a good time for an unplanned sleepover.

A few hours later I was awakened by a slamming door.

It made me jump out of my skin. I sat up, it hadn't seemed to disturb Gerard so I left him there whilst I went to investigate. I walked down the stairs slowly and turned my head round to the kitchen corner. No one was in there. I then walked into the front room someone was sitting in dads chair.

I walked over quickly and it was dad. I caught my breath and said,

"Jesus Christ dad! You scared the shit out if me"

I let out a little chuckle. He ignored me, and sat staring at the television.

I rolled my eyes, dragged myself to the kitchen got a drink and walked back upstairs to my room.

Gerard was awake when I walked in. He had a smile on his face. I said,

"What? Why you so happy?"

He smiled and said,

"I'm in love, can't I smile when I'm in love?"

A massive grin came over my face. I blushed, my face was probably a tomato.

I snapped out of it a knelt down by my bed and reached underneath it. I pulled out a small wooden box. I got up and excused myself. I walked across the hall to go to the bathroom.

Like I said, you know how cocaine and heroine enter the body, so I'm not going to put you through the pain of explaining it. Anyway so I did that an I exited the bathroom.

I walked back into the room and Gerard was looking at me with slight disappointment. But I knew he respected what I did and that he wasn't going to make decisions for me.

Gerard patted the bed, gesturing for me to sit down. I smiled and sat. He said,

"I know this is a bit soon as we've only known each other for a week but I really like you and I want to take the chance now while I have it. Ok so, will you go out with me?"

I blushed and smiled and thought. I didn't think for long as I liked him just as much, I replied by saying,

"I really like you too and when your in love the amount of time you know each other for doesn't matter, so yes, yes I will"

He smiled then I smiled.

He leaned in and gave me a massive squeezy hug. I laughed as he got tighter. He was squeezing me on purpose now. He was laughing as I was pretending to choke. He let go and we laughed.

I jumped off my bed and said,

"Come on, my dad is downstairs I want him to meet my new boyfriend"