Chapter 8- Worst Enemies

A chapter, finally!! I am super sorry for the long wait for the update, but here you go!

As Raihan's Duraludon crashed to the ground with a powerful thud, the stands erupted with a roar.

"Leon! Leon! Leon! Leon!" The crowd chanted, although Gloria could notice a few people keeping silent about Raihan's loss. Rose was one of those people. . . although that may be because she just didn't seem to like to shout much.

Raihan sighed and returned his Duraludon back to its Ultra Ball. He waved at the audience watching and nodded to Rose. She simply shook her head slowly and took her phone out to text somebody.

"And it looks like Leon secures his spot as Champion for another day!" The Chairman announced, coming into the field. He walked to Leon and then Raihan, shaking both of their hands. "And that wraps it up for today's Gym Leader introduction." He smiled and waved to the crowd. "Thank you everyone for watching, and best of luck to our Gym Challengers!"

The people in the stands immediately jumped to their feet to leave the stadium.

"That was an intense battle, wasn't it, Gloria?" Hop asked, still seated as he waited for the stands to clear out.

Gloria nodded. "Yeah! I'm surprised by how strong Raihan's Pokémon was!"

"But he was still no match for Leon," Sonia chimed in, and then glanced at her sister, who was still on her phone. "Who're you texting?"

Instantly Rose's face turned red. "It's- it's no one! Just my boyfriend. . ."

"Your boyfriend?" Sonia smiled. "Does Raihan know?"

Rose shook her head slowly. "No, I haven't—"

The older twin shot up. "Then come on! I want to go congratulate Leon, and you can chat with Raihan while we're there!" Without even glancing back, Sonia ran down the steps of the stadium, to the field where Raihan and Leon were.

"Sonia!" Rose yelled, surprising Gloria. She stood up and chased after her sister.

"Come on." Hop nudged Gloria and got to his feet. "I want to go see Lee too." He extended his arm out to Gloria, which she took and let him pull her up so she was standing with him.

They both walked down the steps slowly, watching Rose chase after Sonia ahead of them. After a few moments, they were back on level ground and stepped onto the field.

Sonia was chatting with Leon, while Rose was standing beside her quietly.

"Hey, Lee!" Hop called as he and Gloria arrived to him. Sonia looked up at them, then grabbed her sister and went over to Raihan without a word, much to the younger sister's dismay.

"Hop, Gloria," Leon greeted with a smile. "You two ready for the Gym Challenges?"

"Yeah!" They both replied together.

Leon nodded. "You'll both have to head over to Turffield for your first challenge. It'll be against Milo. . ." He glanced behind him, probably to call to the Grass Trainer, but trailed off as he saw that he had left already, along with the other Gym Leaders.

"I know," Hop said. "I'm going to battle all of the Gyms and win every match that comes my way— and then I'll be facing you, Lee, so just you wait!"

"Me too!" Gloria chimed in. "I'm going to battle you too!"

"Well, when you both arrive in Wyndon, I'll be looking forward to your battles," Leon replied and ruffled his brother's hair. "And until then, keep on getting stronger with your Pokémon."