~Chapter 23: Hope~

Lucy's P. O. V

Previously

"I open thee, Gate of the Guardian! " I shouted. With that, the key started shining more brighter.

Darkness consumed me.
-------------------------------------------------------------
I opened my eyes. I was standing in a field of golden wheats.
Someone stood in front of me.
A woman in a white dress holding a staff. I couldn't see her face because of the brightness.

"Lucy Heartfilia" said the woman.
"Yes" I said.
"Are you ready for whatever to befall unto you after this?" she questioned.
"Yes, I'm ready" I said without any hesitation.

"Well then, Tell me your first wish" said the woman.
"I wish for Zeref to be reborn again not with the dark powers but good ones" I said.
"Wish granted" she said as she hits her staff on the ground.
"Second wish? " she gestured.
"I wish for my comrades who are fighting Acnologia to be given strength to defeat him" I said.
"Wish granted" she said and did the same thing a while ago.
"Last wish? " she asked.
"I..I wish for everything to return to normal and the damages done during the fights" I said.
"Wish granted"

"Will I wake up? " I asked.
"Child, Lucy, you're just like your great grandmother. Asking the same question as her" she chuckled.
"I don't know Lucy. Asking 3 wishes can use too much energy. It's like a compensation; for every wish you make will suck a huge amount of energy. That's why every person who uses my key ends up in a comatose state in the real world. But Lucy, you just need to believe in yourself. I know you are strong and you can wake up. Every Heartfilia is strong.
Just like me... " she continued.
My eyes widened at her last words and what's more is that the lights around her face were dimming and I can see the face already.

"Anna-san... " I said.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Natsu's P. O. V

I was running towards where the source of light was. It was so bright and was shining gold. And I have the feeling that Lucy is there.
As soon as I was reaching the place, I saw her. Lucy holding a key that was shining gold.
Then, I saw another person aside from her. Zeref...

My eyes landed back to Lucy.
I have a bad feeling about this.
What is this feeling? Fear? Sadness?

"Luc-" I was about to shout her name.
"I open thee, Gate of the Guardian!" she shouted.
The key that she was holding began to shine more brighter and then, I could see that Lucy's body was wobbling side to side.
I ran to her and held her before she could fall.
"Lucy! Lucy!" I exclaimed as I was shaking her.
I heard no response. The glow in the key died down then suddenly the key disappeared.
I couldn't do nothing but just cry. I nuzzled my head in Lucy's neck and cried like a kid.
-------------------------------------------------------------
3rd Person's P. O. V

Natsu was still crying and Zeref just stood there not knowing what to do or what to say.
He started to feel light, secure and better.

Before he knew it, he was enveloped in a golden light.
He looked at his hands at awe. A familiar voice echoed in his ear
"You will be reborn into a new person... A person with no harmful and dark powers but a person of goodness"
"Anna" Zeref whispered.
"Zeref, can you tell Natsu to seek Lucy's mother for answers? " the voice said.
"I will, Anna. Can you tell me what's happening with me? With Lucy? " I asked.
"She opened my gate and gave me 3 wishes. One of her wishes was for your own good" She answered.

Zeref was surprised. The girl reminded him of Mavis.
"Anyways, Zeref, You will have to disappear after you tell Natsu. Trust me. This is part of the process of your reborn. Do you trust me? " Anna interrupted his thoughts.
"I trust you" He said.
"See you later" She said.
The light around him died down. He can feel that Anna already left.
"Natsu" Zeref said taking a step forward.
Natsu hearing his name lifted up his head and held Lucy securely around him. "What? "
"I mean no harm. I just wanted to tell you that Lucy saved me. I'm thankful to her. I'm sorry that she ended up this way but you will have to seek answers from her mother, Layla" Zeref said.
"Lucy saved you? What do you mean by that?"Natsu asked confused.
"As I said, you should ask answers from her mother" Zeref smiled.