Chapter Eight

Hello! This is extremely short and late, but I have an exam coming up for math and barely have time. No time to write more, but hopefully after the exam things will com down a bit. I wrote my first short story and it is pretty terrible. It's about a tree. Yeah. If you want to read it for fun and make fun of it just tell me and I'll post it. 50 votes before I start writing the next chapter. Have a good week!

                                                                     ~~~

Prank Phone Call= Love? ~ Chapter Eight

©Copyright 2012, AmySousa

~Sky's P.O.V~

            "You know that bet we made? It was all in childish fun. We should just let nature decide what the gender is," Dan went on as we entered the building with the doctor's office. I turned to face him and crossed my arms over my chest. "Scared you're going to lose?" Dan scoffed.

            "No. I just don't want to act like a kid. We want our child to be mature, don't we?" I threw him a quick sarcastic look over my shoulders as I walked ahead of him, suddenly even more excited about the reveal.

           "Ready to find out the gender?" Doctor Trudy asked as soon as we walked into the room. I gave her an enthusiastic nod while Dan gave her a uneasy smile. I got set up really quickly with all of the anticipation. Dan was obviously nervous while waiting in his chair. He was chewing on his bottom lip and analyzing his fingernails as if it they were the most interesting thing he's ever seen.

           "There we go!" Dr. Trudy said loudly, which startled Dan and made him jump a bit in his own seat. "Ready to know?" I smiled and nodded my head about six times quickly. Dan stood up and came closer to me before holding my hand a bit too tightly. I could even hear him swallow.

           "It's a boy!"

           My eyes instantly welled up with tears. A boy I thought. My very own little version of Dan and I. I was as bit surprised to see Dan's extremely happy expression. He looked like a little boy on Christmas after actually meeting the real Santa.

            "Looks like you won," he told me with a small smirk. He seemed very happy, but I couldn't help but notice the small speckle of disappointment in his eyes. I knew he dreamed of a little girl. I was ok with whatever gender, but Dan always wanted to have a little girl to protect from hormonal boys in high school.

           "You know, I was thinking the other day," I told Dan after we got home and were relaxing on the sofa. Dan turned to be and raised his eyebrows in curiosity. "I don't think having one more baby would be a bad idea. After all, he might complain about not having a sibling."

           "I'd like that. But I want you to finish school first. You're already behind and I don't want you to feel even worse about being older," Dan told me. I thought about it for a bit. Do I really want to be a doctor? I love my job right now and it gives me time to spend time with my family... I decided to stop thinking about it. I'd rather just focus on the pregnancy from now on.  The last four months would be crucial, and now that we knew the gender we would have to prepare everything.

           Dan quickly ran to the office and back with his laptop. "I already chose my favourite decorations and stuff so I want to know what you really like out of them," he explained as he opened a folder in his Internet.

             "We have to look at boy stuff though," I complained, but Dan stopped me. "I looked for boy stuff too just incase. Just look through it," he said before setting the laptop directly in front of me. I complied and looked through everything, and to my surprise I loved most of it.

           All we need to do now is order the furniture and go shopping. You'll be off of work in two months so it'll be enough time for everything to be done by then," Dan said happily before he helped me up. "I'm so scared and excited," I stated while walking up the stairs. Dan smiled sadly. He knew why I was scared and it was because of one person. Trevor.

~~~

                      "Thanks for coming everyone!" I said excitedly when everyone was seated. It was the day of the baby shower and we had already made the announcement that it would be a boy. There was a huge stack of presents sitting behind the sofa that was calling out to me.

             "There's only two and a bit months left until the baby is here so Sky will be leaving work in a few weeks," Dan continued. I went to the sofa and took a seat next to Avery. My stomach was huge. Much bigger than I ever thought it would be at  nearly seven months. Imagine nine. I'd be a walking yoga ball.

           Over the evening we opened presents. Every single person in the room bought at least one package of diapers. Thankfully, everyone bought diapers for a different age range so they would last for a long while.

           We gained tons of clothing items and my father and Dan's, of course, bought many sports toys. They both wanted their grandson to be the next "NHL Superstar." Maria's and my mother both invested in setting up an entire school plan with the best private school in the city of Toronto. I complained at first, but they promised be that he would have the same amount of liberty and it was a unisex school. The only difference was that the studies would be better and he'd have a secure spot at the university no matter what.

           Ave and Luke were more practical and bought a bunch of normal toys and soft things for the baby's room. Luke promised to help with the painting and furniture assembly when Ave was going to help with the designing. Dan wanted to surprise me with the room so I wouldn't be able to look at it until it was completely done.

           "Have a good night, kids. Don't let the boys go crazy with the room," Maria joked. "I won't let them," Ave said before dragging Luke down the hall to their own home.

           "Well that went well," Dan said after we were already in bed and ready to sleep. "Yeah. Now we can relax as bit. Well, I can," I said. Dan grumbled a response before falling asleep. I had a terrible feeling all night that everything wouldn't be ok, but there was nothing I could do about it.  

                                                                         ~~~

Here are links to different websites that I'm on. I'll follow back on my own if I like what you have, but please don't beg me to follow you back! 

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/AmySousa/279522382094744 (External link)

Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/amysousa

Instagram: @amysousa

Tumblr: http://www.oh-so-sparkly.tumblr.com/ (Fashion blog) or http://www.amysousa.tumblr.com (Peronal blog)

Website: http://www.wix.com/amy_sousa/amysousa