Chapter Nine

Hello everyone! Sorry for having this up a day late. I got home late last night and there was lightening outside so I wasn't planning on risking my life to upload a chapter. There won't be many chapters left in the story. Probably 3-6 left. Don't hate me after this one!!! 

                                                                                 ~~~

It Started With A Phone Call ~ Chapter Nine

©Copyright 2012, AmySousa

~Sky's P.O.V~

            "Just need to put these in the folder and... done! I'm free!" I said excitedly while doing a mini dance. I had just finished up the last day at work for another year since I only have five weeks until the baby's due date.  As soon as I closed the filing cabinet I skidded over to my new huge jacket so I could stay warm from Februarys cold. Stupid winters being longer than two months.

            "Sky, can you throw out the box under your desk?" a coworker called out. I groaned internally before throwing my jacket back on the desk. I awkwardly squatted down to take the empty box from under my desk and stood back up.

            "Well there's a months work of working out," I muttered to myself before actually putting my jacket on this time. Once it was on I opened the door that led to the back alley of the pharmacy. There were three huge bins at the back and all I had to do was throw the box out.

           After successfully managing to get the box over the top I turned around to walk back into the pharmacy. "Damn it," I said when I realized that I just let the door close and had to walk around. Dan is probably worried by now.

           I started walking down the alley so I could turn the block and enter from the front, but I had to be really slow with all of the ice. When I was almost reaching the corner I slipped and almost fell backwards, but thankfully someone caught me before I could hit the ice.

            "Oh my gosh! Thank you so much, you basically just saved my life!" I said out of breath. I turned to look at the stranger who caught me and was about to scream when I saw Trevor's face, but he covered my mouth with something before I blacked out.

~Dan's P.O.V~

            'What's taking her so long?' I decided to go into the pharmacy and ask. Knowing Sky she was probably organizing her desk so it would be perfect for when she got back. I made my way through the pharmacy. "Hi, Is Sky Evans here?" I asked a lady who didn't look like she knew English. "Oh Sky! Yes... yes she here. In back... recycling. Oh! You husband! You go back there," she told me. I smiled and said thanks before going to the back room.

            "You here, Sky?" I called out. Her purse was still on her desk. She didn't say anything so I went to the back alley to see if she was still outside. No one was in sight. That's when I started panicking. Trevor could have taken her.

           I quickly took out my phone and went to the app to see where Sky was. Thankfully I could locate where her phone was, but by the time I saw that she was apparently moving I realized that she would get a notification and it might make a sound.

           I quickly dialed the detective's number and explained the situation to him. He told me to stay put, but I wasn't just about to sit down and do nothing so I called Luke. "Find out whatever you can about Trevor from Ave. Meet me at the pharmacy in ten minutes. We have to find her," I croaked through the phone before hanging up and making my way in.

           While I was waiting for the detective to get here I gathered all of Sky's things. I noticed that her jacket wasn't here. Thank God. At least she'll be warm, I thought to myself to give me hope.

            "Daniel, I have a few of my men with me. We're going to search the area to see if we can find a trace of anything," the detective said as soon as he walked in. I told him that Luke was coming so I had to wait in the room. I explained what Sky was wearing to help them with any traces.

            "Daniel! How are you? Are you waiting for Sky?" Sky's boss said as she walked into the back room. Her mood instantly fell when she saw the look on my face. "What happened to Sky?" she asked. "Someone took her. I need you to tell me how long ago she took out the trash." A look of confusion ran over her face.

            "Over half an hour ago. I asked her right before I left for my break. It should've taken one minute at the longest," she said with a shaky voice. I smashed my fist into the desk. "Damn it! She's going to be too far by now!" I said before breaking out into sobs.

           Luke got there a few minutes later. He had called Avery and gotten Brittany's address and information from Garrett. "Daniel," the detective said, which made everyone turn around. In his hand he was holding a black cloth. "If this is Sky's lipstick Trevor used chloroform to knock her out. That didn't make me feel good at all. He could hurt Sky and the baby with that!

           "We found out his girlfriends address. Can we go there and see if there's anything?" I asked. The detective nodded and explained that we would need to have one of his men with us. I was perfectly fine with that so I quickly put everything in my car and began driving towards Brittany's house with Luke and one of the cops.

~~~

            "Mr. Phillips? What are you doing here?" Sophia, Brittany's little sister and sadly my student said as soon as she saw who was at the door. "I'm here with the police. Where is your sister?" Sophia shrugged. "I don't know. She said she was going to her boyfriends house, but I doubt it." I was confused. "Why would you doubt that she's going there? Sophia laughed. "I don't doubt that. I doubt that he's even her boyfriend. The guy's sketchy as Hell. He's probably just using her."

            The cop explained that we needed to do a search. Sophia just muttered a "whatever" before letting us in. We spent half an hour looking around the house before Luke found something. "Looks like she's on some hard drugs and pregnant. Or at least use to be. These papers are from the hospital and say that she had a miscarriage." Even though I hated Brittany I couldn't help but feel bad for her.

            "If you guys want I can get you onto her computer," Sophia said from the doorway. I accepted, but was confused as to why she was helping so I asked her. "I hate my sister. She doesn't care about me and treats everyone terribly. I just want my parents to come back or live somewhere else. No one cares," she said without emotion. I made a mental note to do something to help her out. If I didn't she would turn out like Brittany.

            "There's an address here underneath a contact that just has hearts as the name. This is probably where Trevor lives," the cop told us. I wrote the address down and Told Sophia to come with us. If Trevor comes back he might hurt her and she's better off being at the police station for a while.

            "I'm going to find you, Sky. That's a promise I'm not going to break."

                                                                           ~~~

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/AmySousa/279522382094744 (External link)

Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/amysousa

Instagram: @amysousa

Tumblr: http://www.oh-so-sparkly.tumblr.com/ (Fashion blog) or http://www.amysousa.tumblr.com (Peronal blog)

Website: http://www.wix.com/amy_sousa/amysousa