I killed a demon. wow

Somebody was knocking at my door. That's how I woke up this morning.I get of my bed and still in pyjama I open the door. Aria is  behind it.

" 'Morning!" she says. " Come on get dressed. I want you to meet somebody and then we have to go on patrol."

"OK. Just wait for a bit."

"I will meet you in the kitchen."

I go back and I change my clothes. After, I go downstairs wearing a  pair of jeans and a t-shirt. The kitchen is louder and more crowded that usual. That's because the is somebody new there. I am surprised. Aria talks to him like he is and old friend of her, but then I see that they are holding hands and I realize that they are something more. Maven is the first one that notices me. He leaves the pancakes on the cook and comes to me.

" Good morning sunshine" he says with  happy puppy smile on his face.

"Wait what? sunshine? Last night you compared me to the stars! Make up you mind!" I say then we burst into laughter. Then, Aria and the boy seems to notice us.

"Finally Resee you are here!"  she says seeming very happy" I want you to meet Maven's parabatai and my boyfriend,  Ronan. "I look at him. He has blonde hair and hazelnut eyes. I have a feeling he is a Wayland.

"Hi. Nice to meet you." he says.

"Nice to meet you too" I respond.

"The pancakes are ready" Maven shouts.

We all start eating. The pancakes are really good. I did not notice this the other day . I think I was too stressed.  When we finish, me and Aria go to take our weapons and go on patrol. We have to go near a park so that means I need an unseen rune and so does Aria. We draw each others runes, and then we leave.

We start walking and talking about nothing. Then, Aria asks:

"What is going on between you and Maven?"

"What?" I say nearly chocking with the ice cream We bought from a boutique in the park. Now, we were on an alley between some blocks.

"Oh, come on. We are parabatai. almost. But, I can see that there is something going on."

" Is it that obvious?" I say, my cheeks turning red.

"No, but  somebody that knows you can figure it out with some struggle."

Before I can even think of something to say I hear something behind my back and I turn, with both blades in my hands, ready for attack. While turning, I cut something, I think, because it falls, with a horrible liquid coming out of it. I process it in my head and I realize that it was a tentacle. A demon's tentacle. There is a Raum demon right in front of me. Near me, Aria takes out her sword and starts cutting the monster's tentacles. This give me access to his neck, and I stab him in the neck. It disappears with some sparks back in Edom. After this, I hear Aria screaming. I rush to get to her. She has a little burn on her hand from the demon's blood. I take out my stele and draw an iratze. Her skin starts healing.

"Thanks" she whispers.

"You were lucky." I reply"It could have been worse."

"Lucky  thing you are my parabatai. When do you want to have the ceremony?'

" I do not know. We still have to train together more. How about 29th April?"

"Sounds good. That is 5 months from now. we will be good"

We return to the Institute right in time for dinner. Alina insists to eat with us, so I end up next to Maven and Aria next to Ronan. When dinner is over I tell Maven:

"Show me the library."

"What?" he seems confused.

"The library of the Institute." I reply

"Oooooh. That one...I have not been there since you came here."

"Well, then you will not be bored when I will stay there for hours looking at the books.

he laughs. Then he takes my hand and we go to the library. When he opens the door to that room I freeze. It is so beautiful. The ceiling in the center is made of glass, so the moon lights the books giving them and magical aura. 

"I might sleep here." I say amazed.

"Well, you wouldn't bother. Nobody comes here."

I wonder around and I finally take a book. Then, I sit on the couch and I invite Maven to stay with me. We read all night and I fall asleep with my head on his shoulder.