Home again

When we arrived home, we were shocked. The whole Institute was decorated with golden tibbons and roses, just like I should be for a wedding, but I did not expect this.

"Wow." I say.

"Yeah, wow" Ronan agreed, surprisingly.

Right after he says this, Alina and Catrina join us in the yard. Alina wears gold and Catrina wears blue. Classic. Right befind them, there are Magnus and Alec.

I am more surprised than I should be. Catrina is a good frind of Magnus, and Magnus and Alec are married so it makes sense that they will come together here.

"Welcome back!"says Alina, giving each one of us a hug.

"Go and change into something else...we will start soon. We are sorry that this is so sudden for you, but we are eager to get married."completes Catrina

Everuone agrees, but instead of going up like everybody else, I go to Magnus and Alec

"Hey" I say, shyly. " I am Resee Blackthorn, and you probably do not know me, I am nobody special or famous like you..."

"I know you...aren't you the daughter of Nikolai Blackthorn?"says Magnus

"Yes, I am. Have you known my father?" I ask, not hiding the surprise in my voice.

"Yes. He was the younger brother of Arthur Blaclthorn."

"What?! I am related to Julian, Helen ,Ty , Tavvy and Dru?"

"Yes you are" says Alec. "And we know you. You are that mundane girl that read the books."

"So I guees everybody read the books?"

"Not really, but we know what happens."responds Magnus

"And aren't you scared that mundanes will know about you? And how did Cassie knew about the Shafow World?"

"She is a mundane with the sight, half faerie"

"Wow."

"Yeah wow. And ypu are not a bad shadowhunter at all from what my nephew, Maven and from Alina."

"Oh ok. Thanks" I say, blushing.

Then, I go upstairs and change my clothes. I choose a ochre blouse and some black jeans. Then, I go downstairs and I realize that I am kinda overdressed. The boys wear t-shirts and jeans and Aria wears a beach dress. Ronan and Aria are the first to leave, holding hands. Then, me and Maven leave and I realize with surprise that we hold hands too.

The backyard is even more beutiful that the front yard. When everyone sits down, Alina and Catrina come in. They day their eovs and kiss.

Everybody congratulates them, then the party starts. It is nice at first when we eat cake, but then I start getting bored like at every party. I catch Maven's eyes and he looks as bored as I am. I nod and we go inside.

"I am so glad ypu took me away from there. Ronan's mom kept talking about her new dog,he says swith a chuckle.

"Well, thanks me later. I wanna go and drink a hot chocolate or something."

"Great idea."

We go into the kitchen and I start heating some milk fkr the hot chocolate. Maven is looking at me.

"What? Why are you staring?"

He smiles. That smile.

"You are a lot as a Herondale."

"Meaning what?"

"You see? This. The way you are."

"Ok, I get it. But why do you say this."

"If you ever wanna change you name you can have mine."

"Are you proposing to me?!"

"Well, not really..I mean...if you want..."

"Calm down! I will consider this. Maybe in 7 years we will be married."

"Really?"

"Why? You did not mean it?"

"Yes, I did mean it. I am glad you say yes." he says and then we start laughing.

Then, I turn back to make the hot chocolate. When I turn back and put the cups on the table, he kisses me. And I kiss him. We pull apart only when we are out of air.

"I love you, Resee."

"Wow. Isn't this too much to say when you are 20?"

"Well, I mean it. Even tho u are my first crush."

"Thanks. I really like you too."

We laugh and then we drink hot chocolate. After, I go uostairs. I need to talk to Aria. We talk every day. Obviously.

When I wanna knock at her door, the door opens, leaving me with my hand up in the air.

"I NEED TO TALK TO YOU" she says

"Sure. I need to talk to you too."

I tell her what happened. She is really happy for me. To happy.

"So he proposed to you...kinda."

"Yes. Now. What happened to you?

"Well, Ronan proposed to me. The old style. With falling on one knee and everything. "

"Wow. That is great."

"Yeah, tho we will probably get married in 7 years or so."

"I said that too."  I say and then we start laughing.

A knock interupts us. It is Ronan.

"Umm...I will leave you guys. Hi Ronan. Bye Aria. See you tomorrow" I say and then I leave.

When I go to my room, Maven is there.

"Ok...Hi. "

"Hi. I hope I do not bother you."

"No, you do not."

We stay up all night and read and play UNO.