Chapter 14: Be ready

*

You followed Boris to his room on the first floor. Nikolai was already storing his things in the bedroom wardrobe when you arrived.

*

"I thought Y/N would've hurt you a little more, brother. " he laughed quietly

"I love your solidarity, Nik." Boris replied.

"I know," replied his brother with an innocent smile. You laughed slightly as you listened to their little provocations.

"Where did you put the suitcase? "Boris asked.

The little Beagle rummaged around in the closet for a while and pulled out a dark blue suitcase.

"Here it is, Brother."

"Perfect. Didn't the maid say anything?"

"She only said it was an oddly heavy suitcase for a man, but she didn't look at it."

Boris closed the bedroom door and put the suitcase on the bed. He opened it gently and your eyes glittered at the arsenal before you. You turned to Boris with an amused smile.

"I see that you still don't do things by halves. »

"Come on, I wasn't going to come empty-handed my little boss. "  he said with a small laugh as he took the weapons out of the suitcase. Boris pulled out a gun that looked a lot like the one you used when you were still alive and two types of bullets. He also took out some high heels that looked like they came from big brands, two knives, and different grenades. 

"Here's what I can offer you, my little boss."  He took a first knife which was actually a spell of Swiss Army knife. "I know it's saved your life more than once so I thought you might like to have one. I didn't get it off an angel, though, so you won't be able to kill demons with it, you'll only be able to repel them. "

You nodded your head and you let him continue.

"However, the blade is still very sharp and of excellent quality, it is also longer than the palm of your hand, so you will have a better reach. It alaso works as a can opener, bottle opener, nail file, scissors and screwdriver. »

"That's not bad. "You said as you watched the knife with interest.

" As for the second knife, it was a combat knife I found on the corpse of an exterminator during an extermination. The blade is foldable and as you can see. I was able to test it once and it is very handy and effective. »

You looked at Boris with a mocking eye.

"Did you get into a hand-to-hand fight? As I recall, you were more into long-distance fighting. »

"Well, since my death I've been thinking that I need to change a few things in my fighting style," laughs Boris.

*

Suddenly his face froze when he noticed that you were about to slice the palm of your hand with the combat knife to test the blade. Almost instantly he ripped it out of your hands and shouted a stern "no". You stared at him in amazement.

"What, Boris? I had an angel's knife before and it didn't kill me to test the blade on myself."

"The exterminators use types of weapons Y/N. They can use spears, knives that I will call "classic" because they are still very effective, but also this type of weapon. To give you an idea when the blade penetrates the skin of a demon it gnaws it like acid and the skin rots slightly around the wound.

It's extremely painful and takes a very long time to heal. From what I've been told, these kinds of knives are reserved for certain types of exterminators and it's very rare to find them."