Chapter 36: Your Promise

*

By the time you finally reached the Hazbin Hotel, you could hardly stand on your own two feet. In fact, you were only aware that you were almost there because Mirar begged you to hold on just a little longer.

"Come on, boss, we're arrived, stay with me, okay, we almost made it. "Repeated the demon covered with eyes.

You tried to put one foot in front of the other, but let's be honest, you felt like you were walking through some kind of quicksand or mud. Your movements were heavy and slow, at times your body was threatening to go to the right, to the left, or to collapse forward. If Mirar hadn't been there, you probably wouldn't have been able to get out of the studio at all.

You were so exausted that it was really hard to put one foot in front of the other without tripping at every step. Luckily for you, your partner was doing his best to keep you from falling and was forcing you to stay awake with words like "stay awake" "Come on Boss, it's right there."

By clinging to the encouragement of the blue demon and your will, you were able to gradually climb the steps of the hotel. When you entered the building you had hardly noticed the many candles that lit up every room because of the power cut. The first people who came to help you were Charlie and Boris.

The princess must have held back a little scream of fear by placing her hand in front of her mouth when she saw your condition. Some of the burns were clearly visible, those on your hands and the one towards your mouth. However, the thing that really made her feel uncomfortable was your forehead. On TV she hadn't really had time to see it, but the mark of your death had appeared on your forehead. That is, a circle of crosses with a larger cross in the middle.

Boris had thrown himself at you and you hugged him and mumbling incomprehensible. One thing was certain, he really thought he had lost you, he was trembling in every limb.

The three demons had helped you to the couch in the living room. Niffty and Nicolai had brought you a small hot drink and had described to you how every demon in the hotel was hanging from your lips during the interview.

Nikolai made fun of his brother who was sweating in front of his computer when he tried to hack into Vox's system. Without Charlie's powers to scramble the signal a little, there was nothing he could have done. You almost immediately thanked the princess after the news, seriously, if Boris hadn't managed to hack the system you would have had a hard time being taken seriously by the audience. Charlie smiled at you and thanked you in turn for all the help you had given him and that she was going to honour you by throwing "the best party hell has had in a long time", to which you responded with a simple nod.

*

Seeing how tired you were, the small group preferred to leave you alone a bit so that you could take a breather. However, you saw that Vaggie didn't look well, she suddenly seemed insecure and worried, but before you could call her she was gone. You were now alone in the living room, the only company you had was the sound of the liquor bottles Husk was putting away. When you arrived he had given you a worried look and preferred to go back to his bottles.

You slowly slumped down on the couch, enjoying the smell of leather and letting your mind wander a little while you drank the little hot drink that Niffty and Nikolai had brought you.

"Hey wolf..."

"Yeah ?"

"You look like shit. " said the cat in a deep voice without looking at you.

"I know, Husk... " you answered with a little bit of tiredness. "...how was I... well... I mean... during the interview? »

"I'll be honest with you, I didn't give a damn about that interview, you know, I don't even care about this hotel to be honest. But I have to admit... " You could've sworn he held a little laugh down his throat "That it felt good to see you destroy that son of a bitch."