Three

The two who were once strangers now know so much about each other they could be called best friends. Telling each other personal preferences, getting surprised by each other's opinion, and random facts about themselves.

Taeyong yawns and glances at the time, curious as to how long they've been talking. He was shocked over what felt like ten minutes was actually more than an hour, making the time to be past 05:00.

Taeyong's eyes widen, pointed at the clock on the oven, causing Jaehyun to turn around to see what caught the older's attention. His eyes widen, too, letting the panic flow in.

"Would you like me to take you home? Unless you're just fine staying here till the sun rises up again." Jaehyun offers the top two options that pop up in his head. He's fine with either one, since his friends would stay over every now and then.

"If it's no trouble for you, I'll just stay the rest of the night here and sleep on the couch." Taeyong says his idea and plan, remembering the apartment tour Jaehyun took him on. The apartment only has one bedroom, since the other bedroom became a large walk-in closet for JFEC clothing.

"No, take my bed. You're my guest, I'll sleep on the couch. Unless you just want to make a pillow wall between us, since, in my opinion, couches suck ass when slept on." Jaehyun recalls the many, many sleepless nights when one friend would take his bed while Jaehyun would take the couch.

"I'm alright with the pillow wall, don't worry." Taeyong's infamous smile forms on his face, having one spread across Jaehyun's face as well.

"Alright, let's go. Let me get you some spare clothing so you don't have to sleep in jeans. Also, I can show you where the extra pillows are." Jaehyun starts walking out of the kitchen and towards the hallway that leads to the bedroom. He points to a closet at the end of the hallway, saying they're all in there.

Jaehyun goes into the room next to the pillow closet, leaving the door open. He doesn't want the older to struggle and have easy access to the room when he's carrying fifty different pillows all at once.

Jaehyun opens the closet in his bedroom and grabs a few loose shirts and sweatpants for the both of them. Struggling to not find a matching outfits, Jaehyun only now realizes how many plain white shirts and plain black sweats he owns. He grabs random shorts for himself instead, trying to spice up his sleeping attire.

Taeyong struggles to carry seven pillows at once, but somehow gets all of them up onto Jaehyun's bed. Slightly out of breath, Taeyong grabs the "pajamas" out of Jaehyun's hands and heads for the bathroom.

Jaehyun quickly changes and throws his dirty clothes from the day to the back of his closet, a problem for him to deal with later. He starts to set up the pillow wall, trying to give each other equal space on the bed. Taeyong enters the room with dirty clothes in his hands, not knowing what to do with them.

"You can put them on the floor, I don't mind. Also, is this enough space for you?" Jaehyun points to the floor by Taeyong's feet and then gestures to the left side of the bed, "I tried to make it as even as possible."

"I say it's alright. Now, can I get in? I'm starting to get really cold." Taeyong shivers as he starts to climb in on his side of the bed, not even waiting for Jaehyun's response. He immediately goes into "fetus mode", knowing that's the best way to build up body heat.

Jaehyun chuckles at the older's actions and turns off the lights in the hallway and bedroom. He makes his way over to his side of the bed, Taeyong's eyes curiously following his moves the whole time. The younger carefully slides in between the covers, trying his best to not knock over the pillow wall. He faces Taeyong's back, noticing how it slightly rises and falls as he breathes in and out.

The two of them awkwardly lay there in the dark, feeling the tension rise. Both of them don't want to move to show the other how much they're uncomfortable with silence.

"Goodnight Taeyong." Jaehyun musters up the courage and cuts the silence with his voice, the tension slowly fading. He hears the sheets ruffle and can now vaguely see Taeyong facing him.

"Goodnight Jaehyun." Taeyong sleepily responds back, his eyes flutter closed for his eyelids are too heavy to keep open.