𝓽 𝔀 𝓮 𝓷 𝓽 𝔂 - 𝓮 𝓲 𝓰 𝓱 𝓽

||annie||

"so...you're like friends now?" asher was confused. "i guess. we're on the same page"
we were talking about kenzie.
it's been about a week since i was in the hospital. it's been...weird. i thought that post would ruin my life...but no one really cared. yes, there was some negative stuff being said about me, but no one ever said anything to me.
and kenzie, while, she's been...nice. i don't know if she still likes asher, but she hasn't been rude.
her and lauren aren't friends anymore. lauren hasn't been at school since everything happened. and when i see kenzie at school, we smile at eachother.
"i saw that comment..." asher giggled.
"which one?" i huffed, laying back in my bed.
"the one where you wrote 'cute'. simple. i like it"
i could hear the sarcasm in his voice.
i rolled my eyes and continued to look at my ceiling.

||kenz||

it's been a week since the whole drama happened with lauren and annie. after all that happened, and i told annie what my uncle did, i feel like annie's just waiting to tell someone. and maybe i deserve it. maybe it's the universe's way of getting back at me. but, i never meant to hurt her...but i still did.

"kenz" i heard my name being yelled in the distance. "whatttt" i huffed and got out of my bed. "maddie, i did my chores. can you just shut up and stop yelling?" i opened my doors, thinking i would see maddie in the loft, but it was someone who i didn't expect to see.
"asher?" i was confused. surprised.
we were the closest of friends, now we're the definition of strangers.

"hey um, can we talk?" his face had no emotion, just a plain face.
"oh sure"
i went to my room to grab a hoodie, along with my white air forces.

"so, are you and annie together?" i broke the silence with this question. i wanted to know, but at the same time i didn't. i still had feelings, but i wasn't going to do anything about them.
"no" his reply was short and dry, as usual.
"well y'all would be cute" i smiled, looking down at my shoes. i could see his green eyes look at me, then back at the road. "so, why are we hanging out?" i asked. we haven't hung out in a month. we've grown apart.
"well, it's almost your birthday." he smiled. "and i have a present for you."
a present?
"it's at my house. oh, and annie's there. we were planning on going out, you could come if you want? it'll be my treat, since i won't be here next week for your birthday."
"oh um n-" i didn't know what to say. i didn't want to third wheel, but since me and annie are on good pages...why not?
"actually, sure"
"great!" asher slowly pulled into his driveway. his moms car was there, which is surprising since she usually works fridays.
"your moms here?"
"oh yea, she works mondays now instead of fridays" asher opened his car door, and i did the same.

"mackenzie! baby!" i hugged ashers mom, linda.
"hi linda" i smiled. "it's been too long! how have you been?"
"i've been good, thank you. yourself?"
"pretty good, i've been doing this keto diet and it's been working very ni-" asher cut off his mom. "mother."
"oh sorry" she started to laugh a little, i laughed along.
"well, we need to have a family dinner soon. tell your mom i say hello" mrs.angel smiles at me once again. i nodded, and began to walk upstairs.
"i honestly love your mom" i began to giggle a little.
"yea well she always says you're the daughter she's never had" asher began to chuckle a little.
i walked into ashers room, right after he entered.
his room is exactly the same. the same blue sheets. the same mirror right buy his closet. and the same mickey mouse plushy he got when he was five. the only thing different was that annie was on his bed.
"oh hi mackenzie!" i heard her voice go up five octaves, trying to sound all happy to see me. no ones fooled, she's not thrilled to see me. not one bit.
"oh hi annie" i smiled, then sat in a chair right by ashers bed.
"let me get you the present" asher opened his closet and began to rummage through it.
i sat their awkwardly as annie didn't say a word, but instead typed away on her phone.
"i found it!" i heard asher yell from his closet.
i giggled a little, and annie did too.
it was a small baby blue bag, a color me and asher loved.
"it's no much...but it took me a year to make it."
i took the bag that was handed to me, and took out the gift wrapped.
i noticed a journal that had a strap to close it, and the strap was barley keeping it closed.
i undid the strap, and began to read what the pages were filled with.
pictures of asher and i, poems he had written that he later turned into songs. 'diary entries' he wrote about some of our most crazy nights.
"asher" my heart was beating so fast. tears welded up in my eyes from being so happy.
"no don't cry! there's more!" i could see ashers face light up when he gave me the next gift.
it was a small, teal box.
"this is for you" he smiled.

AUTHORS NOTE
ummm soo asher and kenz are friends still? and i think annie is a little jellyyyyy👀
okay so the coronavirus is like kinda scary. there's no water, toilet paper, no canned foods at the grocery stores! like people who need water, toilet paper, and canned foods can't get this because people are freaking out. and yea i get it, it's scary if we get the corniavirus, but i think if everyone was shopping like they USUALLY  DO, everyone wouldn't be so scared.
i got another week for spring break, and there's like four cases in my city. thank god i'm in florida rn, but that shit is cray cray.
all i can say is, stay safe y'all...and wash ur hands🥺 nah guys but rlly stay safe, i luv u guys🥺🥺
xoxo