basketball goddess

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

you woke up to your brother tossing a basketball onto your bed. "FUCKING IDIOTS! THE SEOUL STAYS LOST AGAIN!!"

angered by your brothers actions you threw the comforter onto the floor, grabbing the basketball and chasing your brother out of your room.

"LEAVE!! JUST LEAVE JISUNG!!"

"NO NOO PLEASE DONT TELL DAD"

you abruptly stopped, causing jisung to stress on why you were so calm all of the sudden. his eyebrows wrinkled as he watched you take a deep breath before screaming, "DADDDD!! JISUNG IS BEING ANNOYING"

your dad ran upstairs, stealing the basketball from your hands.

"jisung. that's enough. lets go buy some takeout"

"you would've asked for chicken if the stays won" jisung spat out

"well if that changbin kid could be a better captain!"

"that lee minho kid needs to work on his anger issues!"

god. this is what you hated about living with your dad and your brother. basketball, basketball, basketball; it's all they talked out. you could literally yell that you were pregnant with the team's defender and they would care.

"GUYS?! GUYS?!" you exclaimed, waving your hands in the air as the two men continued to argue

"I'M PREGNANT WITH CHOI SAN'S CHILD!! CHOI SAN!! THE CHOI SAN!!"

"hey! chan is obviously the best player on the team" your dad shot back at jisung, literally ignoring your presence

" CHOI SAN!!" you yelled in exhaustion as you attempted to break the fight

you clenched your fists as they continued to fight and ran downstairs to grab a drink before the sight on the tv could catch your attention.

"seo changbin, another loss bro" the news reporter said, patting changbin's shoulder

"it's a bummer, but i know we'll come back stronger during the tournament" he replied with a wide grin on his face

"that's the spirit! now what do you think will keep these boys up and running?"

"practice. practice makes perfect. i strongly believe in that"

the team manager popped onto the screen, hovering the camera. "you only requested 1 question and you know changbin doesn't like physical interaction, please respect the captain. we end this interview now"

the manager grabbed changbin's hand as he was dragged away from the screen. "wait- wait!" the news reporter called before the camera could zoom into the man's face.

"and that's the leader of the seoul's stays. the team representing korea in basketball. no. physical. interactions."

your brother turned off the tv practically awakening you from your deep thoughts. "the captains hot right? stop eye fucking him"

"i was NOT eye fucking him jisung!" you said in disgust, grabbing the pillow and shoving it in his face.

"hey basketballs aren't the only balls-"

"I HATE BASKETBALL!" you yelled, kicking the couch and running to your room.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

it started when you were younger. actually, to be exact, the day you were born. y/birth month, date, year (sorry i couldn't think of anything LOL). you happen to be born on the same day as the seoul stays basketball team won their first tournament . it was legendary, your father kissing your forehead and blessing the lords. but in exchange for your birth, came your mother's death the next day. your eyes watered at the sight of the fireworks every year in remembrance of the nation's basketball win, reminding you of your mother and her sparks of energy. you definitely got it from her, your father always reminded.

"you.. y/n. you are a basketball goddess" he whispered. from there, your father believed your birth led to the win of the basketball team.

basketball was your first word. your father remembering the moment precisely in the middle of your brother's high school game. your father took it as no coincidence when your brother's team won at every match you attended. you were han jisung's "good luck charm", as he liked to call it. one breakfast with jisung's team and he was sure to win the whole thing.

growing up with two basketball geeks, you decided basketball was the thing you hated the most. you HATED basketball. but ironically, you worked for the seoul stays team's manager.

"you're joining the team on the tournament. i can't make it" the manager said, crossing his legs in his seat as you sat across from him in shock.

"you.. you can't make it to their biggest tournament of the season?" you asked

"no, unfortunately not. now i need you to pack your bags and join them at the hotel they're staying in-"

"wait wait wait.. wait a minute. im going with them?! to every tournament?!"

"yes, no excuses. now pack your bags. you know what you're expected to do"