false hope was given

short chapter
⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

you didn't show up to breakfast that day, resulting in an easy loss for changbin's team but luckily for them it was a mock game.

with your absence, the boys lost confidence in their game. changbin never explained to the boys why you had left and he had no way of cheering them up.

you watched the mock game from your tv, sighing in disappointment as you watched changbin being mobbed by the paparazzi.

he looked like he had been crying for awhile, his eyes downed with eye bags as he walked past the crowd.

that same night, you felt worried about changbin's well-being. the final match was tomorrow and you wondered if he was overthinking about the loss. you remembered how well he poured out the stresses of being captain, and came to the gym to find him by himself shooting hoops and practicing alone.

"changbin?" you called out, watching as the ball changbin shot went into the hoop.

he looked at you with no expression, grabbing another basketball and shooting it right into the hoop. constantly making points.

"look, im sorry" you apologized, "i'm sorry for going off on you and accusing you"

changbin didn't respond, grabbing another basketball.

"and you're right. i gave your team false hope and i can't go to any of the games. im sorry, okay?"

"no y/n" changbin replied, dropping his basketball

"maybe you're right. the one day you're not here with us, we lose. when you're there we automatically win. maybe this whole time... maybe it wasn't skill and practice, it was luck. getting into the basketball team, becoming captain, meeting you. maybe this whole thing was just luck"

"changbin.." you sobbed, giving him a hug. "what have i done to you?"

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰