just a stupid belief

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

before the game started, the team got together to discuss with the press.

"now boys, can you explain how the hell minho made that half line shot? that was literally legendary!"

minho was given the microphone, "well, i'd like to call it luck. we actually have i suppose.. a lucky charm among our team"

"hmm, spill the tea minho" the reporter responded.

"we dont have a lucky charm, it's just some stupid belief among the team" changbin interrupted, grabbing minho's microphone.

"i believe our team has put in a lot of effort into their game, and minho has definitely been keeping their head in the game, along with the rest of the boys. we've been doing a great job. end of the conference"

the boys got up at changbin's rough command, leaving the meeting room and getting ready for the game.

it was the game against a team from france, known for having the best defense. the boys were nervous; minho staring at the photo of his cat like madman, seungmin pacing around the court, hyunjin talking as fast as he can to take his mind off the game, and jeongin silently screamed like a dolphin to let out his anxiousness.

chan however, sat next to you the whole time. you smiled and nodded while he talked as you ensured everything was set for the game but at the same time you kept stealing glances at changbin. he checked on each member making sure they were alright and encouraged them like he always did. at one point he even caught your eye, raising his shirt to expose his six-pack and wipe the sweat off his forehead. the whole moment played in slow motion, the swamp of girls behind you screaming at the top of their lungs when he winked at you.

"and yeah i've been trying to get in touch- y/n? y/n?" chan asked, tapping your shoulder

"yeah?! you.. you wanted to talk to me chan?" chan simply smiled and got up. "maybe another time"

you waved him off as the game started and god was it a miracle. the whole team did amazing on defense but the whole stadium roared at how well changbin did in offense. he made 3/4ths of the shots despite chan having the best shooting record on the team, and when changbin finally best chan's record the crowd screamed in amazement.

"wow! it looks like seo changbin is having a lucky day, the seoul stays are back at it with another win!" the announcer called.

once the game was over the cameras were all on changbin and his team, you resorting to leaving early and getting some rest at the hotel.