Chapter 2 - First meeting!

After Khushi finished preparing the breakfast, Khushi stood there boringly and decided to hear some music. She played a Hindi song from her phone and started singing along.

"Baahon ke darmiyaan do pyaar mil rahe hain
Baahon ke darmiyaan do pyaar mil rahe hain
Jaane kya bole mann dole sunke badan
Dhadkan bani zubaan.." she danced romantically imagining her partner holding her by her waist and she placed her hand on his invisible shoulder and then she twirled herself smiling.

Arnav passed from the kitchen while searching for Dai ma when he was taken by surprise with Khushi's dance. He couldn't clearly see her face, as she was dancing facing her back to him, it was only when she twirled that he saw of a glimpse of her.

He shook his head and silently left the kitchen.

"Bhai you here.." NK caught Arnav on the way after he walked out of the kitchen. NK checked his phone to see the time, "You should be at office at this time, right?"

"Yeah.. I just remembered that I needed some of Advay bhai's files.. So I was searching Dai ma so that she can handle those files to me.." Arnav said.

"Are you okay now?" Arnav asked side hugging NK. He caressed NK's hair like a protective father caring for his own son.

"I'm better now bhai.. I'm really sorry to leave you to handle Aayu alone in this tough situation.." NK said.

"I understand NK.. no need to say sorry for it.." Arnav blinked his eyes once assuring that everything was fine.

"By the way.. we must really be thankful to the new cook.. She has done what we couldn't.. Aayu really likes her.." NK said.

Arnav nodded his head, "Hmm.."

Meanwhile Dai ma came downstairs with a worried look. Her eyes fell on NK and Arnav. She went towards them with a confused look, "Arnav beta.. What happened? Why did you came back? Did you forgot something?"

"Haan.. I need some files of Advay bhai.. You know where it's kept, right? So I wanted you to give it to me.." Arnav said, "But you look worried Dai ma, is everything alright?"

"Yes I will give the files to you.." Dai ma replied, "I'm just worried for Aayu.. he woke up and started crying saying that he had a nightmare.."

"Is he calm now?" NK asked.

"No, he's still crying.. I was going to the kitchen to take water for him when I was you both here.." Dai ma said.

Arnav and NK rushed upstairs to see Aayu meanwhile Dai ma went towards the kitchen to fetch a glass of water for Aayu.

****************************************************************

Aayu's room..

Aayu was crying badly resting his head on Arnav's chest who sat with him rubbing his back trying to calm him down, "Shh.. stop crying Aayu.. it was just a nightmare.."

"Mumma and Papa left me.. I was all alone.. It wash too much dalk (dark)" Aayu sobbed.

"You're not alone Champ.. You've me and Arnav uncle with you.." NK said.

Dai ma and Khushi came inside the room.

Aayu looked up to Khushi, he whispered in a soft and low tone, "Kushie!"

He immediately jumped from the bed and ran towards Khushi. Khushi lifted him in her arms and  kissed his head, "What happened my baby? Why are you crying?"

"I shaw a bad dleam.. My palents left me and I wash all alone in a dalk place!" Aayu explained burying his face on the crook of her neck.

"It was just a bad dream.. Do you know what reality is? Reality is that your parents are still with you.. though you can't see them but they will always be there for you whenever you need them.. They have become stars we see at night in the sky .. Yes they are distant from you but they never left you Aayu.." Khushi said.