Chapter 3 - Fired?!

"Bye La.. Bye Meeruuu.." Khushi said smiling waving at both girls. She opened the door to leave the house and reach Shantivan for one more day of work but was taken aback by NK who stood facing her and leaned on his car, probably waiting for her to walk out of the house.

NK smiled waving at her and a surprised Khushi ran towards him with confusion written all over her face, "NK.. You here? What happened? Is everything alright?"

"Relax.. I just came to pick you up!" NK chuckled at her extra worried, confused and surprised expression.

"Pick me up.. But why?" Khushi raised her eyebrows.

"You're my friend right? That's why.." NK said and opened the car's door for her, "No more questions.. Get in the car now!"

Khushi giggled shaking her head, "Thank you NK but it wasn't really necessary.."

NK smiled and closed the door.

"Di.." Meera rushed towards the car, she smiled to NK, then looked at Khushi pouting, "You forgot to give me money to pay for the rickshaw"

"Oh sorry.." Khushi hit her forehead and was about to take some money from her purse when NK interrupted.

"Do you want to go somewhere? I can drop you too.." NK offered.

Meera smiled widely and nodded her head staring dreamily at NK's car, "Yes!"

"No!" Khushi said sternly glaring at Meera.

"Di you already know how difficult it is to catch a rickshaw nowadays.. I always reach late to college and my teacher scold me.. It's affecting my studies!" Meera whined.

"It's nothing new Meera.. You go to college by rickshaw everyday.. Don't cook stories now.." Khushi frowned.

Meera pouted sadly.

"Khushi it's really not a problem for me to help your family members.. Meera, right? Come on.. Get in the car.. I'll drop you to your college and then we will head to Shantivan.." NK said as he opened the car's door for Meera and she readily got in and sat at the backseat happily.

"Thank you so much NK!" Meera said.

"You're welcome.." NK said walking towards his driver seat.

Khushi turned to Meera clearly annoyed with her for accepting the offer.

"Stop giving those looks to me Di.. He only offered me and it would look bad if I didn't accept it.." Meera whispered to Khushi.

Khushi rolled her eyes in response.

As soon as NK sat on his driver seat and started the car, Khushi spoke: NK this is last time you're coming to pick me up..

"Relax Khushi.. It's not a big deal!" NK said.

"It is.. You will spoil us later.. We always go by rickshaw and it shall continue to be like this only.." Khushi said glaring at Meera.

Meera looked away pretending to be deaf when Khushi uttered those words. She was more busy appreciating the car from inside, and excited thinking that what will be reaction of her friends when she will reach in her college with such a expensive and luxurious car.

****************************************************************

Shantivan..

Arnav returned from jogging at the same time Khushi reached with NK. They were walking ahead of him.

"NK you'll get me killed today.. Dai ma will scold me for reaching this much late.." Khushi said nervously biting her lips while walking with him towards the gate of Shantivan.