Chapter 35 - Love Yourself!

"You're wetting my shirt now" Arnav said after he managed to shift from his not so usual emotional zone to his comfort zone, the cold and emotionless side of ASR. 

Anjali frowned on hearing the change on his tone and body language, she moved back breaking their hug and slapped his right arm, glaring at him: I'm crying here and you're more concerned about your damn shirt!

"You're a cry baby.. that's no breaking news now.. Instead of slapping that good for nothing husband of yours for manhandling you, you chose to cry like a dramatic movie heroine!" he rolled his eyes taunting her.

"You're seriously the most irritating man on earth" Anjali gritted her teeth.

"I know you like me" Arnav smirked, "That's why you chose this irritating man over your sweet husband, right?" he asked with a confident tone.

"You called me, that's why I came" Anjali shrugged and averted her gaze from him.

Before Arnav could come up with a befitting reply, Anjali cocked her head to the left side and stare at Khushi standing three feets behind them with surprised look, "Khushi.. You here at this hour?"

Arnav frowned slightly on hearing Khushi's name, he turned back and saw indeed she was there standing beside Aayu with a soft smile playing on her lips. Like always - Looking beautiful even with a major touch of simplicity on her look.

He limped towards her but soon was stopped by the stern tone of the two ladies present there.

"Arnav" Khushi and Anjali send him a long and threatening glare that made him stop immediately, not fearing their scoldings but their nonstop lecture after that.

Khushi rushed to him, while Anjali helped him with the crutches, that were laid on the floor.

"Thanks" mumbled Arnav to Anjali, as he took the support of the crutches to stand firm without putting weight on his fractured leg, then his eyes turned to Khushi again, "Is everything alright?"

Khushi nodded her head, "Yes"

"Why did you came here then?" he asked curious.

Khushi bit her lips shyly, and widened her eyes at him for asking such question in front of Anjali and Aayu, "Let me take you to your room..We'll talk there"

Arnav nodded.

"I'll take Anjali bua with me to the living room.." Aayu said and held Anjali's hand dragging her with him to the living room so that his Uncle and Kushie get to talk with each other in private and he could continue his chat with Nani, Nana, Mama and Mami. 

"Naughty" Arnav mumbled staring at his little boy disappearing figure.

"I can't believe he's just five.. He thinks like an adult sometimes" Khushi giggled.

"I wonder what's in store for me in future with this big naughty and mischievous boy.. Just imagine when he starts school next year.. I'm going to be in trouble for sure" Arnav said as they headed to his room.

"Aww.. he'll look so cute with school uniform and you a handsome daddy dropping him at school everyday" Khushi beamed.

"Before this beautiful perfect scene, I would be running behind him like a crazy man to convince him to get dressed in his school uniform, then hurriedly make him have his breakfast while he shows his tantrums to me and finally reach late at my office but always make sure he reaches on time at his school" Arnav said while she helped him lay his legs on the bed and sat on his bed, facing him.

Khushi giggled, "Don't worry.. You won't suffer with Aayu when I'm here.. I will always make sure he wakes up early, get ready and have his breakfast in time.. You only have to drop him at school.. I can pick him up when his classes finish, then I'll pamper him with delicious dishes for his lunch, help him with homework and play with him then-"