Chapter 2

Chapter 2 Before

Ok, second chapter, lets see how this one goes (hello imaginary readers).

Sophie and Oralie were about to open Oralies cache. They believed that what was in there, the one secret would help Keefe.

You ready? Oralie asked.

Yeah, I guess so. Sophie was still mad at Oralie for letting all of the bad stuff happen to her. Her own mother. But now was not the time to think about that. Whats the word?

Mines actually a phrase ahem... Love Will Always Win.

The cache opened and they saw the memory.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

The Memory

An elf was lying on the ground. Black veins covered their body. Their blue eyes were open and bloodshot, and they were barely breathing.

What on earth happened here? Terik bent down to check for a pulse. Hes alive, he said gratefully.

Bronte was the figure on the ground, Sophie realized.

Kenric looked at Bronte then saw Frella smiling in amazement. What are you so happy about? He is dying! I thought you, of all people, would know that this is serious! Kenric looked at Oralie for support but she was stunned.

Shadowflux. He absorbed shadowflux. Frella said. Frella seemed to be a councilor with purple gems in her circlet. I can fix him, she looked down.

What! All the councilors yelled.

I can fix him, but it will hurt me.

Frella no! We can't lose two councilors today! Emery scolded.

Can't you see I have to? She started crying. He is the love of my life. Without him I have no life. I have to save him. Dont make the same mistake as me. She raised her hands and the shadowflux rose with them. Then she absorbed the shadowflux and collapsed.

Whats going on? Oralie finally spoke with eyes wide in fear.

Im dying and there is nothing you can do about it. She closed her eyes and shuddered. No one can know about this or about me. If this ever happens again, all you need is a Shade and a source of healing. Then they won't die like me, Frella opened her eyes, and saw Bronte waking up. She closed them for the last time, exhaled, and died.

As Bronte rose, winds started and everyone collapsed. Bronte was still an inflictor, but he was now a guster.

The memory faded.

Well chapter 2 is done and it was longer than the last one so yay. Oh and I want to thank S. Alexandra again for posting these and for making the cover you are the best well that's it for now.

- Ouef the Kotlc fan

Word count: 439