Chapter 5

Chapter 5 back to the present

Hi again its me and I have another chapter for you to read. It is back in the present about a day after chapter 1. And if youre  wondering, yes this will ship sokeefe but of course there will be a few fitzphie moments as fitz never gives up. Anyway hope you enjoy ( I say hope you enjoy way to much. ill think of something else to say)

Sophie was sitting in her room when she heard a knock on the door.

"Come in!" Sophie called.

"Hey Foster." Keefe opened the door.

"Keefe!!"

"I'm sorry I keep bothering you, but after yesterday and that day at Candleshade, I wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Yeah, I'm fine." She couldn't keep this up. She was trying to act okay even though she wasn't. She was confused, sad and mad. "Actually, no, I'm not. I'm not okay."

"You admitted it. I can feel your emotions from here. What's wrong?"

"I can't tell you. I actually can't tell anyone, I'm sorry."

"Thats fine I understand, I'm here when you need it."

"Hey Keefe, are you alright? You haven't been acting yourself."

"I'm okay, it's just a lot, you know. With manifesting and me thinking about my mom.  Oh, and I was worried about you." Keefe started to walk away. "Well, I just came to check on you. Bye Foster."

"Keefe, wait!" Sophie got up and ran to him. "If I tell you whats wrong you can't tell ANYONE. I'm serious it's like world's changing."

"I promise," Keefe said.

They walked out to the panakes tree and sat down.

"I found out who my mom is," Sophie sadly said looking down.

"Wait, isn't that a good thing?"

"No she satrted to cry it's not. It's not good."

"Why?"

"It's a Councilor."

"Oh, which one?"

"Oralie," she barley whispered.

"Oh, but shes always been on your side."

"She lied to me, she let everything bad happen to me. She's supposed to protect me."

"Oh, Sophie," Keefe said hugging her.

He'd just used her real name. That was rare.

They sat like that for a while, well, until Sophie stopped crying. When they pulled apart keefe asked if she was going to be okay. She said yes, and they started to talk like they used to before they went to visit the dwarves. Then they saw Fitz.

"What's this?" Fitz asked.

"I was talking to Keefe," Sophie answered.

"Dude, how long were you standing there?" Keefe asked Fitz.

"Well, I saw you hugging... for a while, and talking. I didn't mean to intrude. I just wanted to check in on Sophie."

"Hi Fitz," Sophie waved. She was confued. She didn't know if she still liked Fitz. She had liked him forever, even when he got mad, even when he got protective, and even when they broke up. But after her moment with Keefe she wasn't so sure. Her and Keefe had had sorta moments before, and she still liked Fitz. Why was this time different?

"Hi Sophie, how are you holding up?" Fitz asked.

"I'm fine." This time Sophie wasn't lying. She was fine now. Well, at least better than before.

"Sophie, can we talk?"

"Yeah, sure." She got up from where she was sitting, looked at Keefe, who nodded, and walked away with Fitz.

"Hey, Sophie, I wanted to ask a few questions."

"Okay."

"So one. Are you sure you're okay? Its been a month and we haven't trained. And we haven't tried to take over the Neverseen."

"Yeah, I'm fine. I was feeling off, but Keefe cheered me up."

"That brings me to my second question. Is there anything going on with you and Keefe? I always walk in on you guys hanging out. And you tell him everything before me."

"Umm... Nothing's really going on with me and Keefe. And we broke up Fitz, I can hang around with guys." She was starting to realise something again. Fitz was amazing... sometimes. He got mad and jealous and protective. She started to get mad. "Whenever I tell you something you get mad. Or deny it. Like, with matchmaking and my mom. Keefe doesn't judge me. He helps me."

"Sophie, I'm sorry."

"You say that everytime."

"Ok, moving on, I wanted to ask if you wanted to get back together."

Sophie couldn't belive what she was hearing. He was asking her to get back together after what she'd just said. She needed to know how she felt. Then a horrible idea came into her head.. she could do something with Fitz like she did with Dex. Maybe they could stay Cognates. Her and Dex were friends still. She looked around to see if anyone could see them. When she saw no one she told him to close him eyes.

"What?"

She couldn't believe she was doing this. "Close your eyes I'm doing a trust excercise."

"Fine," he said as he closed his eyes.

She stood on her toes, why was she so short?and pressed her lips aganst his. He jumped a little but kissed back. The kiss was not very long but it felt like forever. And she felt no spark.

"Woah."

"Sorry, I needed to know."

"Needed to know what?"

"If there was a spark. I didn't feel one."

"Me either. But we're Congates, this was good for us. Now we know." He looked down." I still care about you though. Just more as a friend now, I guess. I don't know, feelings are confusing. Anyway, thank you for opening my eyes."

"Any time. Friends?"

"Friends. I'm going to go home now. I need to think." He grabbed his home crystal and leaped away.

Sophie walked back to the panakes tree to think, but she saw Keefe was still there. "You waited?"

"Yeah, Foster. Is that bad?"

"No, it's just, I didn't expect it."

"What happened with you and Fitz?"

"You could say the 'Dex' incedent happened again."

"Foster, you've already kissed 2 people and I've kissed none!"

"Hey, it's not my fault that guys keep liking me!"

"Well, do I get a turn?"

"Keefe."

"Yeah."

"Shut up."

"Okay."

Hi so its me and Alexandra decided to tell me i spelt my name wrong. Well how nice. Anyway sorry if this chapter if boring. I feel crappy and i needed to write so ya. Oh and sorry this hasnt been very action filled it will be in time. And i have so many twist comming. Welll byeeeeeeeeeeee

-oeuf the kotlc fan