Giving the Necklace

We don't meet people by accident. They are meant to cross our path for a reason.

The two fell in love with each other's soul before they could even touch each other's skin.

From the moment they started talking, they knew they wanted each other around.

It was evening time. Preeta was sitting on the bed in the tent, fondly going down the memory lane.

Preeta: Kya Karan ko yaad hoga aaj kya hai? Uff.. Preeta.. Usko kaise yaad hoga? Pyaar toh mein usse karti hoon na.. Aur uss baat ko bhi 8 saal ho gaye hain.

Her bubble of thoughts broke when someone entered inside.

Karan(happily): Babydoll?

Preeta: Karan? Bade khush lag rahe ho? Kaam ho gaya tumhaara?

Karan: Haan toh.. Abhi hume kahin jaana hai.. Jaldi se ready ho jao.

Preeta(confused): Arre.. Par kahaan?

Karan: Shh.. Sawaal nahi.. Agar tum mujhpe bharosa karti ho toh.. Chalo..

And those words were enough. She trusted him more than she trusted herself.

She got ready and as she stepped out of the tent. She saw everything beautifully decorated.

Preeta(smiles): Karan

Karan: 8 saal ho gaye uss din ko.. Tab bhi tum mere liye utni hi special ho.. Happy Meeting Anniversary!

Preeta turns to find him smiling at her, holding a bouquet of her favorite flowers. She was overwhelmed and ran and hugged him.

Love doesn't need to be perfect. It needs to be true.

Preeta(tears): Tumhe yaad tha?

Karan(wiping her tears): Itna important din koi kaise bhool sakta hai? Ab chalo.. Rona band karo.. Bhook lagi hai na?

She nodded cutely. He smiled.

Karan: Toh cake kaantein?

Preeta(childishly): Jaldi

She didn't know what love meant until she missed him before falling asleep.

Karan brought the cake with "PREERAN" written there in bold words. They blew the candles together and fed each other the cake.

Karan(giving her the flowers) : Favourite flowers?

Preeta(inhaling their fragrance): Lilies.. Always.

Karan: Yaad hai kaise mile the hum?

Preeta: Kaise bhool sakti hoon?

She blushed while he admired her. The two smiled remembering their first meeting.

FLASHBACK.

A huge office was shown. A girl was shown walking carelessly, reading the papers.

The girl was revealed to be Preeta.

She was walking swiftly when she collided with someone. The two fell down.

Coffees and Papers flew into a mess as the two strangers collided on their hurried paths, unaware that their destinies were now intertwined.

The boy was revealed to be Karan.

Preeta(getting up): I am so sorry.. Actually mera bilkul dhyaan nahi tha.. Mein papers padh rahi thi aur..

Karan: Hey.. It's all right.. Mein bhi kisi ko dhoondh raha tha.. Toh mera bhi dhyaan nahi tha.. I am sorry too.

Preeta: Tumhe maine pehle yahaan nahi dekha? Naye ho?

Karan: Nahi.. Woh actually mein.. Areem fashion house ki taraf se aaya hoon, Kartik sir ne invite bheja hai.. Ms. Preeta ke liye.. Unhe hi dhoondh raha tha..

Preeta: Well.. That's me.. It's so sweet of you to bring the invite.. Mere paas time hi nahi tha.. Thank you.

Karan(smiles): Most welcome.

Karan hands over the invite to her. Their hands brushed and an unknown feeling ran down their spine.

Preeta(confused): Umm.. Okay.. Mein chalti hoon.

Karan(confused): Bye.

Preeta leaves. Preeran see their hand.

Preeran: Yeh kya tha?

FLASHBACK ENDS.

Mohobbat muqadar hai koi
Khwaab nahi

Yeh woh ada hai jismein
Koi kaamyaab nahi

Jinhein panha mili unhe
Unglion mein gin lo

Jo barbaad huye
Unka koyi hisaab nahi..

Jahaan pe inka pyaar mukamaal hua tha.. Wahaan pe koi pyaar mein barbaad hua tha.

Karan(sighs): Ek sach baat batau?

Preeta: Kya?

Karan: Tumse mila na.. Toh ek ajeeb sa connection laga.. Ek attachment.. Aisa attachment Ajnabiyon ke beech toh nahi ho sakta na?

Preeta(lost in him): Haan.. Mujhe bhi.

The two looked at each other, totally puzzled. Puzzled by their fate.

Karan: Chodo.. In baaton ko.. Ab, iss special din pe present toh banta hai na.

Preeta: Present? Kaisa present?

Karan: Aankhe band karo.

Preeta shuts her eyes. Karan smiles and goes behind her. He parts her hair and smoothly slides the necklace on her neck.

Some vivid images start running through Karan's mind. He closed his eyes not being able to bear them.

A gunshot sound came to Preeta's ears and she shouted. Karan opened his eyes.

Karan(concerned): Babydoll, Kya hua gift pasand nahi aaya?

Preeta opened her eyes to see the necklace.

Preeta: Arre nahi.. Yeh toh bohot sundar hai.. Shaayad meri tabiyat theek nahi hai.. Mera sar thoda dukh raha hai.

Karan: Uff! Maine bola tha na.. Kaam mat kara karo hamesha.. Aaram bhi karo.. Jao jaake rest karo.

Preeta: Okay.. Good night. Aur Thank You yeh necklace bohot pretty hai.. Waise tum yeh laaye kahaan se?

Karan: Sawaal ke jawaab kal.. Abhi aaram karo.. Chalo

He took her to the tent and made her sit on the bed and offered her a glass of water. He then left. Preeta, too went to the washroom to freshen up when her diary opens up and the words appear on the page.

Do you remember,
when we met long ago,
Do you remember,
That we are two kindred souls.

I know you are prone to forget,
Especially after a lifetime has passed,
So i write you this sonnet,
To hopefully jog your memory back.

Do you remember?

The screen focusses on the diary.

Precap: @Solesoul26 About the Necklace.
.................

Hope y'all liked the chapter.

Love

Khushi and Misba❤