Devil in disguise

Every story has a villian, every villian has a story.

Important encounters are planned by the souls, long before their bodies see each other, even if it is your enemy.

Fate works like that!

Preeta looked up at the man, whom she had collided with.

The time seemed to stop for them.

He looked strangely familiar to her, though they had never met.

Preeta(jerking her thoughts): I am so sorry.. Woh chalte chalte.. Dhyaan hi nahi gaya aap pe..

Man(staring): It's okay.. By the way aap kaun? Kabhi aap ko yahaan dekha nahi?

Preeta(smiles): Haan.. Woh mein ek archaelogist hoon.. Yahaan site pe research karne aayi hoon.. I am Preeta..

Preeta analysed him carefully. His face was clean-shaven and utterly serious.

His eyes were hidden behind a pair of round glasses that mirrored her.

He looked quite mysterious which Preeta observed.

Man(smirks): Oh.. By the way.. Mera naam Prithvi hai..

Preeta held her head while staring at him. A rush of adrenaline and some images that flashed before her eyes, made her feel dizzy.

The necklace, she was wearing, shone as the diamond sparkled like never before which didn't come to Preeta's notice.

Preeta composed herself and looked at Prithvi.

Preeta(avoiding him): Umm.. I need to go.. Mein kaafi late ho rahi hoon..

Prithvi: Of course.. See you soon..

Preeta turned and left while Prithvi kept smirking at her.

".. Even a white rose has a black shadow"

Behind his smile, there was a story, she couldn't understand.

Prithvi(smirks): See you very soon.. Preeta..

Prithvi, corrected his sunglasses and left in the opposite direction.
...........................

Preeta was walking in her office corridor, talking to Karan.

Preeta(sighs): Arre nahi yaar.. Bas galti se takra gayi usse.. Par woh kaafi ajeeb tha..

Karan(angry): Usne kuch ulta-seedha toh nahi kiya na tumhaare saath?

Preeta(calmly): Karan.. Relax.. Usne kuch nahi kiya..

Karan: Toh theek hai.. Waise maine suna tumhaare office mein koi naya employee aaya hai?

Preeta: Haan.. Mujhe uss hi se milne ke liye office mein bulaaya hai.. Pata nahi kaun hai?.. Haan.. Chalo.. Baad mein baat karti hoon.. Bye..

Preeta hangs up the call and found herself standing in front of her boss's cabin.

She inhaled deeply and knocked and went in.

She saw Kartik, shooting her a warm smile and a man, she thought was the new joinee, was standing with his back towards her.

Kartik(smiles): Welcome Preeta.. Meet our new archaelogist.. Prithvi Malhotra..

His name started ringing in Preeta's ears, bringing back some memories of dark places and broken bones.